need a C525 pilot

[ QUOTE ]
your kidding me right! 3000tt for a damn baron? to hell with that

[/ QUOTE ]

No different than 2500-300TT requirement for Caravans!

Those times are realistic. Insurance requirements are higher in corporate.

It may be a "Damn Baron" to you but it's about $400,000 to someone else. I certainly wouldn't let anyone with less than 2500-3000 hrs try to fly it!

Especially since 2500 hr pilots are a dime a dozen nowadays.

[ QUOTE ]
Especially since 2500 hr pilots are a dime a dozen nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sadly, that's true.

As I near the completion of my Commercial ratings, I'm thinking about rounding up those 2500 clowns and taking them out to some island and leaving them there... get them out of the way of we freshly-minted 250-300 TT pilots.... WHO'S WITH ME?????
cool.gif

JT's right though. Insurance - even for a low-time owner/pilot - in a Baron would be murder.

Don't get discouraged by this - it isn't as bad as you think. The regional airlines are not as picky about times for FOs.

Also, you may find a corporate outfit that is willing to send you to pilot school and pay the extra fee to get you insured. Those are policy OPEN pilot limits, they do not include the magic wand of being "named insured."

Open pilot requirements are typically higher though, aren't they?

I know for me to meet the Open Pilot Clause in the Bonanza, I had to have 750TT, 200 complex, and 25 M/M. I didn't have the 25 M/M when I got hired, so they arranged with the insurance company to get me in with only 10 M/M and a checkout.

Man this is so depressing, i flew ALOT last year got all of my ratings private through commercial multi and just barely got 250 hours. I hope i get a few more in the next few years to come or ill old and still in a single engine cessna
crazy.gif

Eh.. don't let it get you down. I'm not. I'm just going to stay the course that I've set for myself - finish my Commercial, then start my Instructor ratings - instruct - network my but off and let the chips fall where they may.

I can't control insurance minimums.... but I can control my own qualifications and that's what I plan on doing. When someone wants to hire me to fly - they will.

Until then, though - I'm just going to keep my head down and train.

R2F

Not to discourage you but I felt the same way... I have been searching for a cfi job for about 5 months now.... still no luck. I do have a strong lead but nothing has come of it, yet.

The worse part is even when you have 1200 hours and have been hired with a reg, you're still going to make close to nothing.

[ QUOTE ]
The worse part is even when you have 1200 hours and have been hired with a reg, you're still going to make close to nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup... and to know this is to be fore-armed... meaning: get ready for it by stocking away as much $$ as you can.

That's what we're doing. We have NO cable. We have the cheapest cell phone set up that we could find, we don't go out to eat very much and when we do, it's CHEAP. We buy our clothes ON SALE at cheap places like Old Navy. We use coupons ...

..in short, we are stocking away for the lean years ahead.

We knew this going in, so we will be ready when that time comes.

Same here. 'Course if you're used to eating store brand while paying for flight instructing, then when you are being paid to instruct, it's like getting a raise.
smile.gif
I make next to nothing now (and I've been used to that for about 7 years now), so it's not great difference for me.

Back