Navajo A&P inflight observer job in the BVI

melax

Could be a Dream job for a pilot with an AP license. BVI is like paradise, the pay is good and you have a housing allowance !

PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION OF THE BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS

VACANCY NOTICE NO. 70 of 2008

As we seek to build a World Class Public Service to competently serve the needs of our customers, we are guided by an inspired goal: “Becoming the Employer of Choice.”

The Government of the Virgin Islands invites qualified and professional applicants to apply for the post of Chief Engineer, Police Airwing Unit, Police Department.

Main responsibilities include:
v

Performs CAA statutory required maintenance of Piper Navajo PA-31 airframe and Lycoming engines
v

Performs the duties of Air Observer during routine patrols, including the use of civilian and military VHF and UHF radios. Takes photographs and submits required information reports and maintenance of necessary records
v

Acts as Air Dispatcher in search and rescue scenarios
v

Liaises with other Operational Units of the RVIPF, especially the Marine and Drug Units
v

Liaises and maintains good working relationships with other COT Police airwings and other Governmental Law Enforcement and Aviation agencies in the region

Requirements:
v

CAA Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer/Licensed Aircraft Engineer complete with Type rating 5.5 and 6.3
v

Fully conversant with the requirements of JAR 145 and Air Operators Certificates (Police AOC an advantage)
v

Documented experience of maintenance on Piper Navajo PA-31
v

Sound knowledge of the contents of Air Navigation (Overseas Territories) Order 2001, US FARS
v

Requirements and other relevant legislation and regulations including knowledge of the Civil Aviation Act
v

Sound knowledge of aircraft equipment and maintenance
v

Sound knowledge of aviation communication systems, VHF and UHF radios
v

Ability to perform basic navigation and chart plotting
v

Sound report writing skills; Good photography skills

Salary:
v

Entry level $42,486 - $47,754 annually, Grade 13 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
v

Benefits (if officer recruited from outside the Territory):
Travel for self and up to four dependents below 19 years of age
Gratuity at 20% of salary (on successful completion of contract)
Housing allowance, and telephone and travelling allowances upon acquisition of a telephone and a car

Appointment:

v

Subject to medical fitness; One-year probationary period
v

Permanent and pensionable establishment

Closing Date:
August 8, 2008

Send Applications to:

<><><>
The Secretary​
Public Service Commission​
Central Administration Complex​
Road Town, Tortola VG1110​
British Virgin Islands

Chances are, you'll have to be a British Citizen or Landed Immigrant, and you have to be an aviation maintenance engineer, the UK equivalent of the A&P

No you don't have to be British, they will hire foreign individuals as needed to fill vacancies, I would have been all over it if I had an A&P license. It's only a couple of hours from the US and a beautiful place.

No you don't have to be British, they will hire foreign individuals as needed to fill vacancies, I would have been all over it if I had an A&P license. It's only a couple of hours from the US and a beautiful place.

Its an awesome place!!!

You still need the Aviation Maint. Tech license issued by the UK, and I don't believe the A&P is transferable. Could be wrong though!!:panic:

Then you have to get the work permit. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In order to work in the BVI, a work permit is needed, except for 'Belongers', naturalized citizens and holders of a certificate of residency. Work permits are issued only when there is no suitable local applicant for the job. Now, considering its a government agency, maybe they can pull the right strings:bandit:
[/FONT]

Back