NATCA Miami 2008

oktex88

Anyone else down chilling in Miami for the NATCA conference? I'm with the University of North Dakota group that came down and what a blast! You really do learn a lot by just coming and talking to the controllers.

I can't wait until the Beach party on Friday! Hopefully we can find tickets. We tried to buy some but we were told it was sold out. If anyone comes across any of the Beach Party Tickets for Friday stop by the University of North Dakota booth at the NATCA convention and let us know!

I see on the website that registration for the tickets ended 8/31. Is the booth area open to the public? Where and when?

Anyone else down chilling in Miami for the NATCA conference? I'm with the University of North Dakota group that came down and what a blast! You really do learn a lot by just coming and talking to the controllers.

I can't wait until the Beach party on Friday! Hopefully we can find tickets. We tried to buy some but we were told it was sold out. If anyone comes across any of the Beach Party Tickets for Friday stop by the University of North Dakota booth at the NATCA convention and let us know!

Haha....nope, I didn't work enough Ralph games last year. Plus I'm doing other stuff too. Is there anybody from NorCal TRACON there?

Yea you could just go to the conference and register as a guest. It was really interesting.

Stinger,

There were controllers from EVERYWHERE including NavCanada. I did talk to a lady from NorCal TRACON and she said told me not to come to NorCal. My dream facility would actually be an Up/Down so I could do both Tower and Radar so I met some guys from MKE Up/Down and got their biz cards so I can give them a ring when I graduate and see if they still need some bodies up there.

How often did you go to the SATCA meetings? Because I think it was eventually decided that whoever wanted to go could even if you didn't work any games because the $500 for the trip turned a lot of people away. But it was definitely worth it for a round trip airline ticket and 5 nights at a hotel on the beach. Plus the countless networking possibilities.

Well, I'm off to the hot tub on the beach! :nana2:

Yea you could just go to the conference and register as a guest. It was really interesting.

Stinger,

There were controllers from EVERYWHERE including NavCanada. I did talk to a lady from NorCal TRACON and she said told me not to come to NorCal. My dream facility would actually be an Up/Down so I could do both Tower and Radar so I met some guys from MKE Up/Down and got their biz cards so I can give them a ring when I graduate and see if they still need some bodies up there.

How often did you go to the SATCA meetings? Because I think it was eventually decided that whoever wanted to go could even if you didn't work any games because the $500 for the trip turned a lot of people away. But it was definitely worth it for a round trip airline ticket and 5 nights at a hotel on the beach. Plus the countless networking possibilities.

Well, I'm off to the hot tub on the beach! :nana2:

I was actually at a majority of the meetings last year. I do know that they were looking for people to go, but I decided that I didn't want to be gone for pretty much a whole week.

I spent the whole summer at NorCal, and they took me on visits to other facilities in the Bay Area so I'm pretty much set with contacts from lots of places. I'm thinking of spending a few years at Fresno up/down, and then go ahead and make the transfer over to NorCal.

Anybody talk at all about the Raytheon contract and UND going direct-hire in a couple years?

Back