NASTY intersection

B757plt2B

In reference to Bog's 3/13 pictures. Does the "NASTY" intersection actually exist? I only ask because Bog has stated in previous posts that he enjoys making up "bad word" waypoints to pass the time away. While my first inclination is to believe that Bog's creations are a lot more naughty than that, I wasn't sure. Thanks in advance for any help.

At least it is nowhere near:

Magnetic Variation:
1.0°W

BOOTY

Then we would have the .... intersection!

Where do they get the names?
spin2.gif

Good catch, but we were nowhere near it. I was a bit miffed because I was working my day off, and thought I'd throw in that intersection. "My" NASTY is actually the 068 radial from the BNA VOR at 55 miles. Makes it easier to fly the Titan 1 when the *#&%&Q controllers here make you taxi all the way across the airport to use 2R for "noise abatement."

But don't get me started on BNA controllers. I've yet to figure out why this airport has 4 runways and two ATIS freqs.

The FAF to our airport is TAINT. I still think it's funny.

Edit: If you haven't heard of the "taint" see "perineum."

UK ATC used to have some cartoon fixes on the North Sea route over to Holland / Scandanavia they were:-

BEANO
KOMIK
I heard they asked for STRIP to go next to KOMIK but it got turned down!!
grin.gif

I've always been a fan of being told to "report PANIC" just south of GFK. I've always been tempted to just go "ahhhh, oh my god!!!!" on the radio when I get there.

Just south-east of TLH there is an intersection called: HEVVN

So when planes are flying south, they are usually cleared "Direct to HEVVN" for their initial fix.

FOOL

some airport in africa I flew to on flightsim
grin.gif
By the look of it on a map and the sim, I'd say that's probably what you are if you land there.

Back