NASA Airshow

tpaRob

These pics were taken by Ed Hamill at the air show at NASA last weekend. He put on a good show. He took some breathtaking shots of the Kennedy Space Center. The big squarte building is the Vehicle Assembly Building where they roll the shuttle out of. It's a little hard to make out, but the shuttle is on the launch pad.

www.edhamill.com

Attachments

• disways_VAB.gif
    disways_VAB.gif
    207 KB · Views: 158
  • shuttleonpad.gif
    shuttleonpad.gif
    89.3 KB · Views: 120
  • shuttleonpad2.gif
    shuttleonpad2.gif
    107.2 KB · Views: 115
  • takeoff.gif
    takeoff.gif
    191.9 KB · Views: 124
  • upsidedown_OandC_HQ.jpg
    upsidedown_OandC_HQ.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 114
  • upsidedown_VAB.jpg
    upsidedown_VAB.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 119
Ed fly's a Biplane.

His website is: www.EdHamill.com

Here is the email he wrote when he sent the pics.

Hi all,

I took some special pictures with special permission from the staff at the Kennedy Space Center. I was able to fly over the Space Shuttle Endeavor on launch pad A, scheduled to lift off next Friday, 14 Nov 08. I also got some shots over the Vehicle Assembly Building, the Shuttle Landing Facility, NASA Headquarters and the Visitor Center. It was very cool and a great honor to be able to get these shots. As far as I know, they have not let too many, if any, civilian pilots fly over all these areas due to the entire airspace being restricted.

I shot them with an externally mounted Canon 5D digital SLR. My camera settings, for those who are interested, are shutter speed of 1/1600th, ISO of 640, exposure 2/3 stop dark, aperature ranged from f7 to f18, and I used a 16-35mm lens set at 16mm. I trigger the shutter from a remote trigger on the throttle. During the two flights, I shot over 800 pictures to get the handful you see below.

Hope you like them,
Ed

Wow those are amazing! I was watching him Saturday from the causeway and he did put on a hell of a show :rawk:

I was on the causeway watching it too. I'll be on the causeway for the launch on Friday too.

ah a pitts! beautiful. i just watched the one six right documentary for the n'th time and the shots of that red white and blue pitts are breathtaking. i can only hope that one day i'll be able to pilot such a fine A/C.

The things I miss when I'm at the schoolhouse.

Hopefully I'll make the show next year.

Back