Naked Pilot @ Frankfurt Hilton

melax

Well if true, I guess those A330 long Haul can be very stressful:eek:... This guy has a Facebook page:p:D.

http://www.namibian.com.na/48059/read/Frankfurt-hotel-bans-AirNam-pilot

Frankfurt hotel bans AirNam pilot
News - National | 2016-11-16Page no: 3
by Ndanki Kahiurika

Paul Muchatuta

A FRANKFURT hotel has banned a Namibian pilot for causing a scene earlier this month, while the Namibia Airline Pilots Association has called for the immediate termination of his contract.

Paul Muchatuta, who is on contract with Air Namibia, flies the A330-200 to Frankfurt from Windhoek.

He was booked in at The Hilton Mainz City Hotel on 5 November, where he is said to have walked around naked.

Director of operations at the hotel Johannes Bannasch wrote to Air Namibia's acting general manager of flight operations William Ekandjo, informing them of Muchatuta's unbecoming behaviour while staying at the hotel.

Bannasch said that Muchatuta walked naked into another hotel room, telling the couple in the room to shut up because he wanted to sleep.

“He did not consider any of the other guests or even respond to them,” Bannasch wrote.

Although Bannasch said he hoped that Muchatuta's behaviour was a “once-off incident”, he was giving him a banning order with immediate effect.

“He is not allowed to come back and enter the property of Hilton Mainz City,” wrote Bannasch, adding that the decision should not affect cooperation between the hotel and Air Namibia.

Ekandjo wrote to Muchatuta on 9 November, informing him that they were investigating the hotel incident, and that he could remain on active duty.

The pilots association's president, Albun Armstrong, also wrote to Ekandjo on 9 November, demanding the termination of Muchatuta's contract.

“We request for the immediate termination of his contract, and a complete refund of all the training done by him on behalf of Air Namibia,” he said, adding that Muchatuta was still undergoing training.

According to Armstrong, Muchatuta's behaviour tarnished the good name of Air Namibia, not only in the hotel where the incident took place, but also in a foreign country.

Ekandjo did not take the questions from the Namibia Airline Pilots Association (Napa) well, accusing them of only questioning the issue because it was a matter involving an “African pilot.”

“As you recalled, Air Namibia had incidents of a similar nature, if not worse. Some of them involved pilots rejected by passengers at the airport for having been drunk. On all those accounts, I have not heard Napa's protests,” he stated.

Speaking to The Namibian yesterday, Armstrong confirmed that they have requested for Muchatuta's dismissal as they cannot allow any foreign or domestic individual to risk the lives of the public.

“Captain Muchatuta was on a training flight when the incident in question happened. His training captain wrote to the company, and requested that Muchatuta be removed from the southbound leg of SW286. This was done to mitigate any further risk the pilot might cause in light of the recent world events surrounding pilots' mental state,” he stated.

Air Namibia's spokesperson Paul Nakawa on Monday said he could not confirm or deny the incident.

“The alleged incident happened during the private time of the member of the crew, and it is not work-related. Management cannot do anything to address the matter merely on the basis of allegations,” he said.

Muchatuta has over four decades of experience in the aviation industry after having worked for prestigious airlines such as Qatar.

Efforts to get hold of Muchatuta since Friday last week have been in vain as Air Namibia refuses to give his contact details.

In the meantime, Muchatuta also failed to respond to messages forwarded to him on his Facebook page.

Muchatuta was reportedly still on active flying duty, and scheduled to fly to Frankfurt yesterday.

Related articles

So the pilot union asked that he be terminated? Because he sleeps in the buff, might forget that when he's rudely awakened in the middle of the night, walks next door to tell the roudy folks to quiet down--all of this makes him a threat to the flying public?

So the pilot union asked that he be terminated? Because he sleeps in the buff, might forget that when he's rudely awakened in the middle of the night, walks next door to tell the roudy folks to quiet down--all of this makes him a threat to the flying public?
Ya, I saw that to. Some pilot union.

If I take melatonin, I will sleep walk. Hell I walked out of my hotel room once with just my boxers on. And the front desk didn't bat an eye because it happens regularly

If I take melatonin, I will sleep walk. Hell I walked out of my hotel room once with just my boxers on. And the front desk didn't bat an eye because it happens regularly
Good thing you don't sleep naked. This guy does, apparently.

I had a couple of late night disputes with the previous owners of the house next door, one involved a hammer being thrown at me (I kept the hammer), the other involved me literally drawing a line in the dirt and inviting my "neighbor" to cross it whilst I carried a large stone in hand. Both times I wore nothing more than boxers, apparently a sleep deprived white guy wearing only a slight modification to his birthday suit is scary. I've spent plenty of nights in hotels with loud neighbors, given the circumstance I'd like to know more about the other guests behaviour and perhaps give this guy a break.

And the front desk didn't bat an eye because it happens regularly

Yes, it does.
IMG_9989.PNG

I ready the story and could sadly relate. When you have a 0445 show and the people next door to you come in slamming crap around and blasting music at 0030, you kinda wanna go kick the door down naked.

Perfect set up for a FAT call. I'm required to go downstairs and ask for another room. After that, if I don't get the rest I need it's a good FAT call, blamed on hotel, I don't get charged sick, event report suggests company should find a better quality hotel. Laterz......

Perfect set up for a FAT call. I'm required to go downstairs and ask for another room. After that, if I don't get the rest I need it's a good FAT call, blamed on hotel, I don't get charged sick, event report suggests company should find a better quality hotel. Laterz......
that sounds wonderful.
Nothing like finally getting into the hotel on a split duty, on a Friday night, in a college town...

On rare occasions, I used to walk around the slum in Oak Ridge in my boxers. My car, in the parking lot, had the stereo blasting this:

The meth freaks across the hall had a whole new respect for me lol.

Last edited:
Back