My turn to Cedar Key, FL

thewaffles

So my friend and I decided to fly up to Cedar Key, FL for the hell of it. He flew it up, I flew it back to St. Pete. We took off and climbed to 2500ft since it was a great day to fly. Judy is back and she does offer rides to the city for $5 a person each way. She is a great person and if you ask her she will take you wherever, all you have to do is ask for her on the radio.

Instrument panel

Fog over the coast

Clouds over the Gulf of Mexico at about 500ft

Sperm Islands

Cedar Key

Turning Base to Final, it's a small ###### 2300ft runway...

Pics from the city

Our plane

Flight back

Wearing the IQ reducers

Hckey2477

Nice pics. These tortoise here in florida have a death wish. More than a few times I have reported to tower of a tortoise on the runway. :)

thewaffles

Haha, thanks! I was showing my father the pictures and he was asking what would you do if you saw one on the runway and it was too late to go around. I told him turtle soup isn't bad. :sarcasm:

Jpax

Nice photos! What day did you go on? I was just there this past Saturday, there was also a Baron parked on the ramp...

thewaffles

The 16th, exactly a week ago, they flew in just before we were about to leave, they came from Mobile, Alabama.

Jpax

The 16th, exactly a week ago, they flew in just before we were about to leave, they came from Mobile, Alabama.
The Baron came from Mobile? Nifty...there's a shot of his/her plane in the video I posted from my Cedar Key trip in the video forum.

Jfk-Pilot

very nice pictures.

I've been meaning to fly to cedar key,fl, but for some odd reason in the three years i live in Florida never got the chance to do so.

Who wants to go on a cross country? :)

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
Where do you rent from at KPIE? My plane is down on the south ramp. Love going out on my lunch break and watching the coasties bury it into 35R

fast89pony

Cool pics! Ive been wanting to take my girlfriend there for some time. Maybe stay at a bed and breakfast.. Should be a nice flight from Palm Beach.