My situation looking for advice

All atps is extremely over priced right now.

It should be back down to about $35,000 for the career pilot program.

Save your money, go elsewhere. It is a crime all atps is charging that much.

Oh man, how things have changed. I fly out of HIO, and its crazy how busy it has become within the last few years. The flying around here however is fantastic (with the exception of a few very close calls.)

Oh don't get me wrong, it was still busy, just not Class B busy....which is "really busy" to me :)

:yeahthat:

College first. . .then waste away from money from a bank, or from your savings account chasing the dream.

About 4 years ago me and a Buddie of mine the same age both wanted to be pilots, He went through college first (spent 4 years at it and just graduated) and he is now working as a lineman at a FBO saving every penny working for his ratings. I went through ATP, had all my ratings in a year then flight instructed about a year, built up 1400 hours, then got a corporate job making around 50 K and totally debt free. Been doing college online on the side, and got 1.5 years to go yet. by the time I get my degree, I should have around 2000 hours, and I already got a decent job.

I was happy to do my ratings first, I think it helped me catch up a little since I had a later start. to the guys that did college first, more power to them, I don't think myself, I could have waited that long to fly for hire.

Note: ATP is a good program, however because of their outrageous price increases, I would recommend a different accelerated flight school other then ATP

About 4 years ago me and a Buddie of mine the same age both wanted to be pilots, He went through college first (spent 4 years at it and just graduated) and he is now working as a lineman at a FBO saving every penny working for his ratings. I went through ATP, had all my ratings in a year then flight instructed about a year, built up 1400 hours, then got a corporate job making around 50 K and totally debt free. Been doing college online on the side, and got 1.5 years to go yet. by the time I get my degree, I should have around 2000 hours, and I already got a decent job.

I was happy to do my ratings first, I think it helped me catch up a little since I had a later start. to the guys that did college first, more power to them, I don't think myself, I could have waited that long to fly for hire.

Note: ATP is a good program, however because of their outrageous price increases, I would recommend a different accelerated flight school other then ATP

Just curious what type of degree are you working on online?

Just curious what type of degree are you working on online?

Im working on an Aviation Science Degree through Utah Valley University. Its a good program! I manage to keep my grades up but struggle a bit with Math online. You have to be dedicated to be able to do it online.

So would you say the best way for me as of right now is to finish my Multi-engine and then enroll in a accelerated program? I think that would do some good as I would have the experience of both worlds with training at an FBO and also a major flight school. As far as loans go was it hard to pay them off? What did you do as far as earning the money to pay it back before being hired by corporate?

So would you say the best way for me as of right now is to finish my Multi-engine and then enroll in a accelerated program? I think that would do some good as I would have the experience of both worlds with training at an FBO and also a major flight school. As far as loans go was it hard to pay them off? What did you do as far as earning the money to pay it back before being hired by corporate?

Don't get your ME if you're going to do the accelerated program. They already include that in the price. ATP will get you done a hell of a lot sooner than any flight school around Portland will.

Back