A3
Lufthansa 747-400 heading to the gate after a long day of work:
01.jpg

A2
A rare visitor from the British Isles.
RAF C-17:
02.jpg

A1
Another odd visitor. I guess they just finished stomping the Nats...
Texas Rangers / Dallas Stars 757-200:
03.jpg

C22
I saw this guy land and immediately grabbed for my camera, but missed every shot. They parked him out in the penalty box last time, so I headed that way and saw he was parked in the guarded remote spots. Unfortunately, since the CIA parks their 76s back there, entrance is restricted, thus the long range, dark shot (76s are to the right of the frame).
Antonov An-124:
04.jpg

A2
A reminder that aircraft aren't only transporters of passengers, but of life for others as well.
This box went on with cultures, bones and other assorted parts. This one really struck me, though.
05.jpg

A2
These guys are a new addition since the last time I worked here.
Aer Lingus A330-200:
06.jpg

A4
Three trips.
United 777-200s:
07.jpg

A4
I'm not sure why I like the 727 so much. I guess much of it comes from it being a rare sight where I'm from. Nomads is apparently a non-profit travel club, founded in 65 (insert jab about airlines and lack of profit here).
Nomads 727-200 (S27):
08.jpg

A3
Eero Saarinen would be proud to see his creation coping well with the jet world, despite how much MWAA and contractors mess it up.
09.jpg

A4
This is my general opinion of the education level of the people who came from DGS to work with AirWis. How do you spell 'global' again...?
11.jpg

A4
Our computer screen this past Thursday. Anyone know Russian?
12.jpg

A4
Our other computer screen last Thursday. It's normally supposed to have a nice graphical display of what aircraft goes where and when, which is an immense help when it comes to groundhandling United's horrible gate planning, but it wasn't working (not surprised). Instead, our MSDOS era dot matrix printout serves as our program for the first bank.
13.jpg

I apologise for the grain in some of the pictures. I'm using an old Nikkon point-and-shoot camera that has all of 3.1MP. All of the shots have been photoshopped to improve the apparent quality of the shots and downsized to fit nicely here on the forums. The Letter+Number combination is whatever gate the pictures were taken from.

Eero Saarinen would be proud to see his creation coping well with the jet world, despite how much MWAA and contractors mess it up.
09.jpg

This is a really, really beautiful shot. What res. did you shoot it at? I'd be willing to throw a couple bucks your way for a copy in high-rez that I could print out and frame.

Cool pics! I work for DGS as well, just in Cleveland. In our operations office someone wrote 'opercins' on the stapler...so I know exactly what you mean!:crazy:

This is a really, really beautiful shot. What res. did you shoot it at? I'd be willing to throw a couple bucks your way for a copy in high-rez that I could print out and frame.
It's 1704 x 2272. Yes, that's originally vertical, but I cropped it to be horizontal for display here. The resolution is originally 300dpi. I can always spend more time in Photoshop to clean it up for larger format display. What size print were you thinking of?
I have other, similar pictures if that one won't work out. No worry about money. I photograph for my own enjoyment. I photoshop to see what I can do with it.

Cool pics! I work for DGS as well, just in Cleveland. In our operations office someone wrote 'opercins' on the stapler...so I know exactly what you mean!:crazy:
haha
Yeah, some of the ex-DGS guys here are rather special. Some are hard workers, others are just dim.

Nice pictures, the screen says that a cable is not hooked up btw.
it says "the monitor cable is not connected, and the monitor is in standby mode" . :)
Thanks guys. I can speak a few languages, but Russian isn't one of them. All I know is spasiba.
So, cпасибо!

How do you spell apologize again? ;)

Awesome pictures and thanks for sharing.
No, he spelled it correctly... in British English. ;)
haha
Yeah, I get that sometimes. It's more obvious with colour/favourite/etc, though, so those just get dismissed. I was born and raised in America, went to American schools and everything, but for some reason I use British spellings. Must've been something when I was a kid, though, because I can't remember why...

Thanks to the rest of you for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Very nice. I used to have an office like that.
One of my former classmates whom I worked with wrote in a shift summary of a helicopter incident about the pilot reporting some problem with the "petals" in the cockpit.
Ugh...I had to call her out on that one. Now I don't work there anymore. Ever think the idiots are the ones with more power than those of us who actually cared in school? Unfortunately it is rampant within a certain city government who operates a certain airport where I may have worked at one time.

Very nice.

Ever think the idiots are the ones with more power than those of us who actually cared in school?
Thanks

Yeah, I definitely think the idiots are the ones with more power than those of use who cared in school, but I see it this way:
Idiots out in the market all have a similar maximum job achievement level and they, for the most part, have idiot friends. They look out for each other and end up hiring each other into jobs. I have a feeling that, for a certain airline, that is the case.
As for the more intelligent, there are two types - those who will step on as many people as necessary to climb up, and those who build connections over time. I have a feeling that's how companies go from poor management to better management. Some intelligent people slog it out, build connections and hire more intelligent friends and fire the idiots. That's all very simplified, of course.

Don't get me wrong, there are great supervisors out on the ramp, but there are also very poor ones, who haven't a clue as to what should be going on.

My old stomping grounds!

I for ACA (before they were Independence Air) over at A gates...and Signature across the alley...

great times

Back