My Friend's License Got Revoked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulfstream IV

hello fellow jetcareers...I don't normally start a thread but I have a good friend of mine who had her private pilot's license revoked by the FAA. It had to do with a fraudulent entry in her logbook, which is what she told me. To get her license back she will have to reapply next year and take a new checkride, etc. I figured I would check with anyone here who might have some knowledge as to whether her chances of making it to the airlines are over? I know all airlines check this stuff and it will remain on her record, but is it over for her?

hello fellow jetcareers...I don't normally start a thread but I have a good friend of mine who had her private pilot's license revoked by the FAA. It had to do with a fraudulent entry in her logbook, which is what she told me. To get her license back she will have to reapply next year and take a new checkride, etc. I figured I would check with anyone here who might have some knowledge as to whether her chances of making it to the airlines are over? I know all airlines check this stuff and it will remain on her record, but is it over for her?

Not really sure, but would be interested in how they found out/discovered this. That's unfortunate I wouldn't think it would be too good on her record? I'm not sure though.

Are we talking rounding .1 to a flight or what? Details....

I am not sure about the details buddy! generally speaking if the license was revoked once and she reapplies, I think the airlines would overlook it if she puts on a good case. but I don't know...never worked for an airline.

Look at it this way. Mostly, airlines have a whole lot of resumes to look at. It's much easier to find reasons to throw one out than to find a reason to bring somebody in for an interview.

This is one of very few scenarios I can think of where the faa could deny issuing an atp based on a lack of moral character. If that's the case, then airlines would probably be a no. If the applicant can get an ATP (I really have no idea how the FAA judges moral character...), then it'll definitely need some explaining in an interview. Not an ideal situation, but I doubt a it's a career ender. There's always freight! I enjoy it.

Is a fraudulent logbook entry immoral or unethical? And what's the difference anyway? Immoral = no ATP, unethical = ATP ok?

Enough philosophizing. I have a feeling there's more to it than a fraudulent logbook entry.

Is a fraudulent logbook entry immoral or unethical? And what's the difference anyway? Immoral = no ATP, unethical = ATP ok?

Enough philosophizing. I have a feeling there's more to it than a fraudulent logbook entry.

I was debating that in my head when I made my post... I'm still not sure. I'm not sure if the FAA would differentiate between the 2 anyway. I think the rough definition of moral character is differentiating right from wrong. I still think this is one of few things that could possibly (and I stress the possibly... because I really don't know) create a question as to your moral character.

How does the FAA get a private pilots logbook and bust her on something? She must have done something to cause them to look into her logbook to begin with. Not a good situation to be in.

How does the FAA get a private pilots logbook and bust her on something? She must have done something to cause them to look into her logbook to begin with. Not a good situation to be in.

just got more details in from her...looks like she had added a few more hours in her logbook and signed her instructors signature. well when her instructor needed the logbook to make a few copies for his records he noticed it. that is how she got busted. Is she done?

just got more details in from her...looks like she had added a few more hours in her logbook and signed her instructors signature. well when her instructor needed the logbook to make a few copies for his records he noticed it. that is how she got busted. Is she done?

why would she do that?
i dont know, but it isnt good...

That's ahh...man that's a really hard one to come back from.

Is she hosed completely forever? I'm not really sure about that.

But will it be really, really, really, really hard to get over falsifying your logbook, forging an instructors signature and then getting your license revoked by the FAA? Yeah, I'd say that it would be somewhere between, "you should probably pick a different career" and "you're completely hosed."

But that's just a guess!

wow....at least if you're gonna fudge hours, don't sign your instructors signature, that's asking to be called out on.

But will it be really, really, really, really hard to get over falsifying your logbook, forging an instructors signature and then getting your license revoked by the FAA? Yeah, I'd say that it would be somewhere between, "you should probably pick a different career" and "you're completely hosed."

:yeahthat:

But it's not too late for her to pursue a career in airline management......

That's ahh...man that's a really hard one to come back from.

Is she hosed completely forever? I'm not really sure about that.

But that's just a guess!
Yeah that's my thought too. If I were an HR person that would be a "you gotta be kidding me.../into the trash" type of a thing. But, I'm not an HR person.

Yikes, that's no good. I know as a CFI I'd be furious, because I could have been held responsible for a flight that never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back