My experience at Ben Aviator College in Ft. Pierce, FL

That does strike me as odd too, doesn't it. As a non-manager, I could care less how many instructors work anywhere, or how many flights go up a day. I just ran the numbers on this thread in Excel. Not counting Bill, who we all know, the cummulative post count defending Aviotor: 102. The count of those who are critical in some way? 14,551 (not counting myself - never been there, I have no opinion.)

I'm not sure post count means much of anything. Posts can be anything from a really long two page run-on sentence to a single :drool: emoticon. It seems to be some sort status symbol to some on here.

Just comparing the two or us, you joined nearly a year and a half after me yet you have nearly twice as many posts, it just doesn't mean that much.

I agree with those that say do your due diligence, but I also agree that you need to do your homework "literally" nobody is going to hold your hand at aviator, you're expected to pull your own weight study wise. I saw it all the time party, party, party, come in on the noon shuttle hang out for a few hours, ride the shuttle back to the houses. There were also times where Kenny and I were the only ones flying.... the reason, too many clouds, too much wind. Oh yeah, and my personal favorite "the only opening is 7am I don't want to get up that early", yada yada yada. These were the same ones sitting in the lounge area whining about not flying enough and blaming everything and everybody but themselves.

Hey Josh, let me know how many contact you about getting their money back :)

I'm not sure post count means much of anything. Posts can be anything from a really long two page run-on sentence to a single :drool: emoticon. It seems to be some sort status symbol to some on here.

Just comparing the two or us, you joined nearly a year and a half after me yet you have nearly twice as many posts, it just doesn't mean that much.

Not saying it means everything, not at all. But it does mean that we all have had a chance to read about what your background, experience, and opinions are. It certainly counts for something - certainly with "networking" mission of this website.

And hey, what the hell. I am an impartial observer here in Florida. Maybe I will head down to Ft Pierce and give an objective report. Good or bad, i am sure it would carry some weight here.

But a nickels worth of free advice - don't be so defensive when someone complains about something online. Just blows things out of proportion. Your energy is way better spent just talking to people and looking for ways to fix their gripes in the future.

Not saying it means everything, not at all. But it does mean that we all have had a chance to read about what your background, experience, and opinions are. It certainly counts for something - certainly with "networking" mission of this website.

And hey, what the hell. I am an impartial observer here in Florida. Maybe I will head down to Ft Pierce and give an objective report. Good or bad, i am sure it would carry some weight here.

But a nickels worth of free advice - don't be so defensive when someone complains about something online. Just blows things out of proportion. Your energy is way better spent just talking to people and looking for ways to fix their gripes in the future.

Not defensive at all, just stating my opinion.

Hi Gents

I am considering to take Professional Program at this school. As a foreign national I am interested how the school treats
international students? I am asking because, according to the info found on internet there were some issues... such as "They know that
in case of student dissatisfaction there is only one way for him... go back home". It means that he cannot change the school
if he is not happy about training. Knowing this, the school doesn't really care about students.Do any of you guys can confirm such allegation?
One more think. Because English isn't my first language, what is my chance to get a job as a CFI (in Aviator) after completion of Pro program?
Is there any chance??

Regards

They treat everyone like . There was one Asian instructor there who seemed to always be with his students and taking the extra time with his students. The instructors don't get paid to spend time with you or give you ground, they get paid for flight hours and that is all they care about. Yes, you don't like it you can put up or shut up or go home. I would not do it.

I had to go to MCO one night to get a student who had been traveling for days to get there because it was new years eve and everyone was too drunk to pick her up and they told her to find a hotel and someone would get her the next day. I drove two hours each way to get her and brought her back to my dorm. It took a day for them to come find her and move her into her own dorm.

I know of a couple of students who became so frustrated they started looking for another school. It is possible to transfer, but the school you leave has to 'transfer you out' in an online system. Instead Ari Ben dismissed those students for miss-conduct. When I left, I had the new school contact the state dept on my behalf to ensure they couldn't do the same thing to me.

You are moving to a foreign country, and are putting yourself at risk in a lot of ways, especially with English as a second language. I hear good things about Hillsboro Aviation, and I know there is a big community of European instructors out here. In hindsight, that's probably where I would go.

Willingto fly: I haven't been on JC for the last couple months and just saw your post.

I am a current student (MEI) here since January. I transferred from a flight school in Kansas that went bankrupt. I drive the shuttle bus and answer the phone for Aviator part-time--jobs which have given me an opportunity to meet many students from around the world here. If you are a prospective flight student I would be glad to put you in touch with current students, including students from your home country, so that you can have up-to-date information about Aviator. There are about 250 students here now, 50 instructors, 30 planes and a two-year College on the campus.

You may reach me directly at 607-351-2191 or dwe213@yahoo.com. If you call the Flight School at 800-635-9032 They can also put you in touch with current students from around the world. http://www.aviator.edu/

Your best source of information--next to talking with current students--is a campus visit. Aviator will pay for your hotel for a night, and transport you to and from the airport (PBI or Orlando). For two days you can ride along on training flights, attend Ground School classes, talk with students and instructors, see 100-hour inspections being done in the hanger, visit the on-campus housing and basically life the life of a student.

Hope this is helpful--David Elliott

I've been to Aviator....it was the worse experience of my life...I would say 90% of the student hate it there and if they could leave they would. Most are locked in due to their visa. The planes are always broke down, I heard stories how the aircraft logs are "doctored" stories of them "fabricating" new wings. I had a plane for my check ride with large crack on the nose gear so I grabbed a mechanic and he said nope can't fly it has to be fixed. I grabbed another plane for the checkride and the next day the plane with the crack is out flying around and still hasn't been fixed. I heard about the linkage rod for the flaps broke on a checkride and the plane ended up doing a barrel role. Not all the instructors are mature enough to be teaching. They lack work ethic, cancelling flights just being plane too lazy to get out of bed. Some speak really poor english so there is a communication barrier. I ended going next door to the mom and pop opperation and finished up my instrument, single and multi commercial there. It took a month before they noticed I wasn't flying there but still living in the dorms...They really don't care about the student. I could go on and on....The DPE calls that place the junkyard. Some planes have fuel pressure and oil pressure gauges that seem to glued to be in the green..they never move...Some never make it in the green but it's OK because it never moved yesterday and the engine still runs.

Time building might not be so bad...if you have the time and do a really good pre flight...Do know that you can only go as far as the fuel in the tanks will allow...They will only reinburse you up to like a $1.20 a gallon for av gas. Your only flying at night so if you do need to put it down it will be at night. I would check the regs on the safety pilot logging..I don't think you log that as x country time as a safety pilot.

Good luck! You have been warned....

Trade Winds is just next door and always treated me right!

I am with you on this!

DONT EVEN BOTHER SEARCHING AVIATOR COLLEGE OR ARI BEN AVIATOR!

I am a current student at Aviator College and leaving it next week. I have been at Aviator College since Oct 2013 and so far only hold a Private Pilot + Instrument Rating.

I have so many negative things to say about Aviator College, the staff, their organization, fleets, maintenance and even the owner himself. But I dont have the time to explain it all. You just need to experience it yourself if you really want to.

All this school cares about is your money. They have this sort of "student account" thing you deposit money in for your training. If you are a 50k dollar student, they'll stay on your side till you run out. Once you've spent all that with them, get ready to be kicked out for no reason without prior notice.

The school is poorly organized, i mean its terrible. Every staff have different informations, they dont have any proper answers and even your ACMS is a complete mess.

Training takes forever, not enough planes and too many students. Planes are in terrible condition, terrible maintenance and all that. The admin doesnt even know that. The school is not buying any new twin engines. These duchesses are starting to time out and are very oftenly squawked. Aviator does no longer allow multi time building and forces all students to take commercial 141 to fly their singles for their time building and just do a few hours for their multi add on.

I have so much more to say but i might just start a new page.

Basically Aviator College is just a joke. If you do enroll, just be ready for your pocket or your loving parent's pockets to be drained. You will realize how bad of an experience this school is.

A quote I personally heard a high ranked staff / cheif pilot said;

"He's a 50.000 dollar student, you're not."

Hope this helps.

They dont offer multi time building anymore? That was the whole point... Splitting with a fellow timebuilder, I paid like $95 an hour... but that was 4 years ago.

Back