multi pic timebuilding

dongdpsioc

hey guyz,
I'm from China and very closed to my canadian commercial licence with multi ifr rating. In order to meet the CAAC requirement(chinese licence), I need 70 hours multi PIC time.
And I need A FAA officical ceritification to prove that I have that 70 hours multi PIC hours when I go back China.

My wife works in houston and I hope I can build that time around that area. But the price and the FAA certification is my major concern!

What a stupid thing that I chose to be trained in Canada. FAA licence is much more welcome than a Canadian licence in China... and multi time is much more expensive in Canada than in US......now ,I know I have to get the FAA licence firstly...

Any suggestions about how to convert my Canadian licence to FAA licence and where is the best place to build my multi PIC time.

I understand the process of converting from TCCA to FAA (and vice versa) is pretty simple, I believe it just involves a written test or two. See here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/general/personnel/USConversion/menu.htm

As for hour building in Houston, http://www.dutchwingsflightschool.com/timebuilding.html, have a nice Seneca for around $160/hr including surcharge (on a 100hr block). I don't know whether the CAAC will accept safety pilot time as PIC, if so then you could lower your cost dramatically by splitting the time.

I don't know what you mean by official FAA certification of the time, I know some flight schools will 'stamp' logbooks to certify them for the DGCA.

I don't know what you mean by official FAA certification of the time, I know some flight schools will 'stamp' logbooks to certify them for the DGCA.

Civil aviation administration of China does not accept the flight schools' stamp. They will ask FAA to fax them to prove that I have 70 PIC multi time.... It's quite complicated....

To be frank, I am not sure whether they accept safe pilot time as PIC time. So my friend and I decide to rent a plane for 150 hours. Then each of us will have 150 hours including 75 hours PIC.

Back