Multi-engine / SE commercial flight school recommendations

Radu38J

Well, first I should say 'hello', though I've been lurking around this forum for a while I've only posted a couple of times. I'm a few weeks from my IFR checkride, and so far I've done things as pay-as-you-go. I want to get the commercial done within a week from start to finish and not have it drag like the rest of my ratings (4 months for PPl, 5 for IFR => more money paid).

I've been researching commercial schools for a while and have my eyes set on a few. I found some posts here about Prairie Air Service, but they are booked solid (and don't answer phone calls). A second school I was interested in, and my most solid candidate, is OS Aviation. I only found a couple of posts about it, though both positive. Third choice is FlyCorona. I've seen someone say they are bad pilots and their equipment is junk. To be honest, Corona has the best location for me, since I live in California (Bay Area).

Anything you can say about those schools would be appreciated. Or if you know of other schools with accelerated programs which are also cheap... I've looked up skymates but they are expensive comparatively, and Sheble offers very few hours in their programs (but at similar prices)

Re: Multi-engine / SE commercial flight school recommendatio

I went to Sheble's and was very pleased. I cranked out my CMEL and CSEL in 2 or 3 days I think. At the time I already had the hours and just needed to crank out the checkrides real quick.

I did my CMEL at Sheble in 2 days.....

Also look at ALL ATPS if you want to get done quick.

Thanks guys for your advice, (and thanks Mike for the time). I am now 90% sure I'll be going to OS Aviation. The main reason I don't want to go to Sheble is they advertise their Commercial program with 6-8 hours multi and 4-6 single. As I've never flown a multi I'm not sure that would be enough for me, plus, the more multi hours I could get the better it is for me. Anyway, I appreciate the help. While I don't post much, I've always enjoyed reading the threads, people here seem to be a very friendly and helpful bunch.

Back