Multi Engine rated pilots for aerial imaging

pilotbry

SkyLens is a photogrammetric contractor for EagleView/Pictometry. We have an immediate opening for pilots due to an expanded Summer contract. Pilots must be single engine AND multiengine rated but will start in a Cessna 172 then likely move into the twin later in the season. Training will be in Louisiana.

Minimum Requirements:
21 years of age or over
FAA issued Single Engine Land Commercial AND MultiEngine Land Commercial pilot certificate
250 hrs total time in aircraft (not sim). 10 hrs C172 and at least 25 hours Multi time.
Piper Aztec time will increase your odds. 50+ multi hours will increase your odds.
US citizen or permanent resident(green card)
IFR rated and competent
Class 2 or 1 Medical Certificate
Able to read, write and speak clear English
Cell phone with texting capability
Portable computer or device capable of running Microsoft Excel
(There are no exceptions to these requirements)

Job basics:
5 month, 8 month and 12 month contracts available. 8 and 12 month contracts include one paid vacation - 100% travel in 48 states. No hard time off but plenty of short days and down days for wx and mx. You must be free of any known obligations and be able to remain on the road for the entire length of contract.

Cessna 172 pilot pay: $90 each calendar day for first 90 days then $95. Escalating monthly production bonus based on hours flown each month
Piper Aztec pilot pay: $95/day first 90 days then $100. DOUBLE escalating monthly production bonus based on hours flown each month
Top C172 monthly pilot bonus this season was $1,335. Top Aztec pilot bonus this season was $2700 on top of base salary.
The more you fly, the more you make.

Company paid single occupancy hotel rooms and rental cars
Health Insurance Reimbursement Program (HIRP): - Company reimburses you for a portion of your qualifying health insurance premiums.
Paid as W2 Employee - not 1099 contractor
Pay raises for pilots returning for the following season

The process:
I do not take phone calls for job inquiries or make timely responses to private messages. If you have questions, please ask in this forum.
Here's the link to our employment page: http://www.skylensaerial.com/pilot-employment.html
Follow the directions EXACTLY to submit your resume and cover letter or yours could be lost in the black hole of my many email boxes. Qualified candidates will receive an email back from me with a pilot info sheet/ application in MS Excel format, to fill out and return. If interested, I'll be in contact via email or phone. If you get a call from a 985 area code you should pick up.

Thanks!!!!

Bryan Porter - Director of Flight Operations

Good luck to everyone that applies. I'm just wrapping up my time working for Bryan, and I couldn't have asked for a better boss.

I had an amazing experience. I got to travel to some interesting places, develop new skills, and help with the roll-out of an interesting new system. Oh yeah, and built a lot of time.

Really thinking about it for the 2018-2019 season. On one hand I have no issues with being on the road for seven months.

On the other hand I have no mountain flying experience and not a lot of time in actual. But I think I can fix this between here and August/September.

Really thinking about it for the 2018-2019 season. On one hand I have no issues with being on the road for seven months.

On the other hand I have no mountain flying experience and not a lot of time in actual. But I think I can fix this between here and August/September.
You aren't thrown to the wolves with mountain flying since there was safety awareness on that very subject. Additionally, mountainous flights were absolutely forbidden at night during my time there regardless if you were going VFR/IFR.

I had no solo IFR time before my time there too and just over 2 hours actual when I started

Get instrument proficient (not just current) but don't let a perceived lack of experience stop you from applying.

You aren't thrown to the wolves with mountain flying since there was safety awareness on that very subject. Additionally, mountainous flights were absolutely forbidden at night during my time there regardless if you were going VFR/IFR.

I had no solo IFR time before my time there too and just over 2 hours actual when I started

Get instrument proficient (not just current) but don't let a perceived lack of experience stop you from applying.
I know what the minimum requirements are and I meet them but, in reality, what are the qualifications of a new hire on average ?
I'm trying to figure out if I should spend the time and money to get the CFI or use that money to build more time and get instrument proficient while doing it.

The IFR profecency should be easy to snag. My school has a Redbird and I can load up some tricky approaches. Either way I think I’ll toss my hat in the ring when the time comes.

Back