MTSU CFI Q's..

mavsfflife

MTSU CFI Q\'s..

Any MTSU CFI's out there? How much time can they get you once you become a CFI, and -I there. On top of that, what about the MEI time. It's the time where I need to figure out where to go and am researching ALL my options. I read about the school on their aviation site last night and it looks like a decent program and they have a good looking fleet. I am 17, have my private, halfway through instrument which I am thoroughly enjoying, and am going to try to get commercial by january. Then I am planning on moving on to a 4 yr school to finish up the rest of my ratings and instruct. Anyways, after blabbering on, my main questions are whats the cfi time like and how do you like the aviation program?

Ok lets break down your post... First off if you are getting your commercial somewhere other than MTSU you are putting yourself in a predicament if you plan on instructing at mtsu. At this point MTSU is a firm advocate for raising in-house CFI's. Meaning the pro-pilot majors get the CFI through MTSU and those who seem to be the best of the group get hired. If you come to MTSU with you private and instrument (like I did) you can get your commercial, multi, cfi, cfii, and mei by the beginning of your sophmore year and get hired as an instructor if you do well. This is what I did and I am in a position of really good senority and I am only 20. As far as flight time and multi time....you can expect to get 200hrs a semester part time (if you are taking full course loads for your degree this is what you are considered) and maybe 300 if you are full time. You pretty much make up your own schedule so its up to you how much you fly or don't sleep! As far as multi goes...You get to instruct multi students after you have been there a while (goes by senority) and you get 200hrs worth of multi. The typical instructor gig is coming in with all the ratings, instructing for a little over 2 years and leaving with 1000/200. There is now a bridge program with american eagle that at 500/100 you are almost automatically hired. So if you can find multi's to fly you can get out quick.

Back