MTSU Aerospace Admin Program (transfer)

jderden777

Hope all you MTSU people can help me out here....i'm currently a sophomore at Jacksonville University (aviation management, as i just dropped Delta Connection). I'm looking at possibly transferring and doing MTSU's aerospace admin program for fall 2005...i can't do the flight program as i already have my commercial, but would they let me do the tailwheel/adv tailwheel lab as electives maybe??
wink.gif
i'd still like to fly there's no doubt about that but if i can't do the flight program at MTSU then i'll have to fly elsewhere while i get my degree.

i just want to hear some thoughts about the school from a students perspective. some friends of mine that were at MTSU last spring for the national flight team competition and said it looked like a good school and that everyone was really nice up there. anyway, i'm originally from bristol, virginia so mtsu would be a few hours closer to home...not to mention a helluva lot cheaper than JU is...

thanks for any help....
jonathan derden

Howdy, Jon!

Welcome to Jetcareers!! We're glad to have you!!

MTSU is a pretty good school, and if you attend MTSU, you can do your tailwheel work as a lab with MTSU. As a matter a fact, their primary tailwheel CFI is a friend of mine, another MTSU transfer guy, and is a JC member (with like 3 whole posts!!!)...lol. I was a transfer student, and also couldn't really get the MTSU "stamp of approval", so i majored in Aero with an emphasis in Flight Scheduling & Dispatch.

I hear that there's a pretty good flight school in the area with locations in Nashville and Smyrna...PM me if you want more info. . .
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MTSU is a pretty good school,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about the quality of their CFIs they churn out, though.
grin.gif

you can do whatever electives you would like, but you cannot do a pro pilot concentration b/c you must get your commercial from MTSU to be pro-pilot. The admin route is good b/c it gives you options in case you don't fly for whatever reason. You can also take labs (multi, cfi, tailwheel, etc.) as long as you are a aerospace major. Hope this helps.

Back