MSP: Well, Mad Dogs > Canadairs!

You can fly the Airbus like any other plane. Just need to understand what is going on with the automation level. The Air France Pilot didn't understand, hence the removal of trees. The plane did exactly what is was "told" to do...

Toga is always Toga!

toga.jpg

Oh, sorry, wrong "TOGA"...

Once you go side stick, you'll never go back.

The tray table I liked. The stick was ok but I'm not a convert. My biggest problem with the bus was that it lacks any feel whatsoever. It actually felt too light on the controls IMO.

Lots of little jets still here....We do have the A330 as well that head for Europe and parts unknown. HAvent seen a 74 in a long time but i think they still have one that does Japan. Cant be sure.....Lots fp 73's (SWA/SunCountry), Little Airbi....an MD** here or there....But indeed we have lost a bunch.Does it suck...? Sure but you'd be a fool to think it wasnt going to happen....I m headed to Houston in a couple weeks and as much as i tried to avoid it, I have to catn an RJ :/ At least the company is paying for it....

They replaced the 744 on the Japan route with a triple seven. I miss seeing that beast over the Twin Cities just off of 4/22.

The tray table I liked. The stick was ok but I'm not a convert. My biggest problem with the bus was that it lacks any feel whatsoever. It actually felt too light on the controls IMO.
You traitor, you left FiFi and her unconventional FMGC/MCDU. :) I agree the lack of feel takes some time to get use to. That tray is one of the best designs for a plane ever.

You can fly the Airbus like any other plane. Just need to understand what is going on with the automation level. The Air France Pilot didn't understand, hence the removal of trees. The plane did exactly what is was "told" to do...

Pacifist! Gentleman, get YUURRRRR PITCHFORKS! :)

The MD-90s have been getting weight restricted both westbound and eastbound though...I know a west coast commuter who has had problems to MSP and a friend of mine couldn't get on SFO-MSP last week for weight issues. Maybe Staplegun is asking for too much fuel. ;)

It wasn't me!!!

I've been flying the MD-90 out of MSP for a year & 5 months now, and have yet to be weight restricted going to or coming from the west coast so I'm not sure what happened to your friend.

They upped the Maximum Gross weight for take-off and landing awhile ago so if anything our intermediate West destinations like SLC, ABQ or PHX might occasionally have that problem.

Disclaimer: JMO, YMMV!

Kevin

Back