Mountain Aviation (Broomfield, CO)

STS-41B

Any intel on Mountain Aviation, out of Broomfield? I've applied a couple of times, nothing more than a "thank you for your inquiry" reply email - I know this isn't a good hiring time, but any info on them would be appreciated.

Not sure what would be causing the rejection responses. I can say we are in the middle of hiring with plans to double our Citation X fleet. We never stopped growing and never really slowed down over the last 3 months of crazy.
As far as the company it certainly has its positives and negatives just like any other and is certainly the best 135 I have worked for.
which fleet were you both applying for? Times and types?

Not sure what would be causing the rejection responses. I can say we are in the middle of hiring with plans to double our Citation X fleet. We never stopped growing and never really slowed down over the last 3 months of crazy.
As far as the company it certainly has its positives and negatives just like any other and is certainly the best 135 I have worked for.
which fleet were you both applying for? Times and types?
I applied for Citation X SIC and general resume submission. I never received any rejection responses, only received a "thanks for applying" email.

3350 total, 2100 turbine, 750 turbine PIC (all 121... CL-65 type)

..... (all 121... CL-65 type)
Could this be the issue? I know my last employer put all the 121 folks at the bottom of the resume pile regardless of the rest of the qualifications. His reasoning was "they'll want to go back to 121 first chance they get".

side note. I thanked him for validating my decision to go to 121...

Could this be the issue? I know my last employer put all the 121 folks at the bottom of the resume pile regardless of the rest of the qualifications. His reasoning was "they'll want to go back to 121 first chance they get".

side note. I thanked him for validating my decision to go to 121...
Could be. And I'll have furlough recall rights (if we get to that point) which I believe makes it a lot more difficult to find a flying job because like you said.

His reasoning was "they'll want to go back to 121 first chance they get”.
My thoughts exactly. Unless you’re really connected and have several people who can vouch for you, I think it’s going to be tough for 121 people to convince 91/135 operators that you aren’t running for the door in the next 2-3 years when the recalls come.

I’m sure some of the slimier companies are fine with it, they know the drill, but the quality ones will be very leery, or at least very picky.

I’ve basically resigned myself to driving for Amazon for the next few years. Better than a violation, accident/incident, LOI, etc. I might get from a scuzzy 135 joint. (Mountain is certainly not that. They are the gold standard in the Front Range.)

yeah, I have internal rec as well... but as others said, maybe the 121 time is the issue.. 7500 total.. 3500 part 121 turbine. half of that as PIC...
My buddy said they hired a decent bit last month and a few were former TSA guys he flew with. Said they want long term. I'm at a legacy so I'm probably no way going to get looked at. Oh well, was worth a shot. At least can say we tried.

Any home base options where you can begin and end your work week in Denver? I don’t like those who float their fleet and not knowing when and where I have to go home from...the only day I really care about.

Any home base options where you can begin and end your work week in Denver? I don’t like those who float their fleet and not knowing when and where I have to go home from...the only day I really care about.
As far as I know, that’s the whole point of home basing, the airplane floats and stays working while the pilots go back and forth. As long as you can keep your airline miles, it’s a sweet deal. Just curious why you care about where you’re airlining home from?

Back