Morons.

slushie

F2TH C56X C500
News 3's Marie Mortera[/quote said:
The engine in the plane that crashed into a North Las Vegas home last week was no ordinary engine. A preliminary report from the National Transportation Safety Board says the experimental plane had a supercharger, an engine not normally found in experimental planes.

Randy Walker said:
"I do not believe that, under our circumstance, experimental aircraft and high risk aircraft operations such as training and solo flights belong in an urban airport"

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This reminds me of the time that someone wrote to our local paper and complained that flights over the area are going nowhere and that each flight must serve a purpose. This guy had no education whatsoever in regards to anything aviation related. I mean come on, touch and gos with a new private student are purposeful because last I knew learning to land was sort of required, you know?

My car has a freakin' supercharger.:banghead:

I worry more about this genius driving next to me on the highway.:hiya:

WOW.

We already had this debate - I still don't agree that homebuilt a/c should be allowed over the yellow portions of the sectional - although not specifically because of a super charger.

I don't think it's fair to call these people dumb, either. If you told someone that had no experience with aviation that someone built their own plane, and that with 5 hours on it, it crashed into someone's house, I would expect them to have doubts about the legality of allowing these flights as well. That's not dumb, that's looking out for your own self-interest.

This reminds me of the time that someone wrote to our local paper and complained that flights over the area are going nowhere and that each flight must serve a purpose. This guy had no education whatsoever in regards to anything aviation related. I mean come on, touch and gos with a new private student are purposeful because last I knew learning to land was sort of required, you know?

I used to work at an FBO from 10pm-6am and we had a lot of traffic at night. It never failed, I got 2-3 phone calls a night (I guess it is the only number they could find) complaining about it. I always ended the phone call with: Well, this airport has been here a while, why did you move close to it?

I loved those phone calls.

We already had this debate - I still don't agree that homebuilt a/c should be allowed over the yellow portions of the sectional - although not specifically because of a super charger.

I don't think it's fair to call these people dumb, either. If you told someone that had no experience with aviation that someone built their own plane, and that with 5 hours on it, it crashed into someone's house, I would expect them to have doubts about the legality of allowing these flights as well. That's not dumb, that's looking out for your own self-interest.

Homebuilt aircraft are still inspected by the FAA and have an airworthiness certificate. They are also flown by pilots with the a license. They also have to fly it for some amount of hours outside of populated areas before carrying passengers and flying over populated areas, and it still requires an annual inspection, although it is the owner that does it.

Homebuilt aircraft are still inspected by the FAA and have an airworthiness certificate. They are also flown by pilots with the a license. They also have to fly it for some amount of hours outside of populated areas before carrying passengers and flying over populated areas, and it still requires an annual inspection, although it is the owner that does it.

From what I read, the inspection process is joke. Sorry - like I said before, take it out over the water or out to the country.

Why stop at homebuilts? Ask any insurance underwriter...by far the greatest source of accidents are low time pilots. How about you can't fly within 300 miles of my house until you have 3000 hours and an ATP? Inconvenient? I'm sure, but we're talking about SAFETY here. Go do your flight training in North Dakota. For the KIDS. :rolleyes:

PS. No driver's license till you're 30, either.

Why stop at homebuilts? Ask any insurance underwriter...by far the greatest source of accidents are low time pilots. How about you can't fly within 300 miles of my house until you have 3000 hours and an ATP? Inconvenient? I'm sure, but we're talking about SAFETY here. Go do your flight training in North Dakota. For the KIDS. :rolleyes:

Haha.

Using your logic, why even paint lines on the road if people are going to get in accidents anyways?

It's about reducing unnecessary risk. The economy isn't going to bottom out if homebuilders have to take their a/c out to the country.

While I don't agree with your sarcastic suggestion of limiting student pilots to non-congested areas, I wouldn't say that the idea is absurd by any means.

When you get in your car and drive on the road, you assume a certain degree of risk. You shouldn't have to assume any risk sitting in your bed at night.

Back