More Layoffs for NAV CANADA ATCers

NAV-CA is funded by service fees from airlines using those services. All those stories reference declining revenue as the direct causal factor in the cuts, with what are essentially side references to lowered air traffic. Cart-horse issue?

Did we send Mrs. Mitch to Canada?

NAV-CA is funded by service fees from airlines using those services. All those stories reference declining revenue as the direct causal factor in the cuts, with what are essentially side references to lowered air traffic. Cart-horse issue?

Did we send Mrs. Mitch to Canada?

they’re also hamstrung by Canadian laws regarding non-profits and are not legally able to keep a very large cash reserve on hand. Per my NavCanada ATC sources, this results in NavCanada either going on crazy spending sprees on various equipment or issuing refunds to users since they can’t just keep it. I guess bonuses or pay raises to the employees never enter the conversation lol

I like using CPDLC to transit Canadian airspace. I can tune out the radio and listen to some tunes... Oh wait never mind. I stare straight ahead. I don't engage in conversation and only monitor the radios and aircraft systems. For I am the ultimate JC'er.

NexGen, done cheap!

JK it'll never be done.

I did a few papers on NextGen when I was in college (CTI Nerd), and I'm starting to think ill be able to do an entire 25-30 years in the FAA and they'll still be talking about NextGen on my way out the door.
Since I've been in Ive seen the LA Metroplex give us all these RNAV arrivals that we didnt really use properly for the first 2-3 years because SOCAL refused to take A/C descending Via all the way down.....kind of defeating the purpose of the whole thing.
We also got a new mandatory way to indicate on the Datablock that we're talking to an A/C, when we already had a few different ways of doing it. Thats pretty much all the progress Ive seen in 6 years lmao.

Feel bad for all the trainees at NavCanada and now these Certified guys getting let go. Like you said, more fuel for the "I dont ever want to be Privatized" fire.

I like using CPDLC to transit Canadian airspace. I can tune out the radio and listen to some tunes... Oh wait never mind. I stare straight ahead. I don't engage in conversation and only monitor the radios and aircraft systems. For I am the ultimate JC'er.

Dude, I mean I can be passive-aggressive af. But man, you take the whole cake! Lol.

But then again, right after sending out pink slips due to cost cutting NavCanada sent out $7mil of bonuses to management so who knows

Nothing NOTAM'd at the moment for YQX airport or YQX oceanic other than 1 runway closed for maintenance, some taxiways closed and clearances for oceanic eastbound have to be picked up with Moncton, Montreal or Gander ACC.

But then again, right after sending out pink slips due to cost cutting NavCanada sent out $7mil of bonuses to management so who knows

I'd be interested to see the handwaving NATCA does the next time the privatization thing rolls around again.

Back