Moose Peterson at AirVenture

Low&Slow

Ancora imparo
Moose Peterson is going to have a presentation Tuesday morning at AirVenture.
From the EAA AirVenture website:
Airshows - Get Beyond Crowd Shot

Tuesday, July 24 - 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Presenter: Moose Peterson

Airshows are a great photographic opportunity! How do you take photographs those killer photos? You can make your photographs stand out with basic gear and basic techniques which we'll cover. But I want so much more for your photography and you, I want you to get in the skies with those aircraft! We'll talk about the gear and strategies to use the airshow as the jumping off point to put you in an air-to-air with those planes.

I don't know anything about photography, but want to learn, so I'm planning on going to see what he has to say that morning.
Anybody want to link up there?

Last edited:
Here's another photography class (different presenter)...

Taking Great Aviation Photos

Thursday, July 26 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM

Presenter: Dennis Biela

A chance for you to have hands on experience photographing aircraft in "Sweet Morning Light" with your own camera gear. Dennis Biela will take you out on the flight line to learn the best angles, lens to use and light for photographing great aircraft images.

But wait!....There's more!
Aviation Photography 101

Friday, July 27 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM

Presenter: Deon Mitton

I'll share some of my tips and tricks of aviation photography.
Camera operation basics
Photography basics (framing, lighting, composition)
Editing basics

Cool, maybe I'll download Twitter and make a profile.
Looking forward to these presentations. I don't know anything about actual photography, it's like a foreign language to me. I realize that three 50-minute classes won't make me an expert, but I'm hoping it will point me in the right direction, help me focus on the right things, and maybe something will click. I don't need to be good enough to get into National Geographic. Honestly, I just want to take some decent photos so that I can practice drawing and painting them, and maybe eventually be good enough to sell my artwork someday.
Mobile phone is okay-ish for that, I mean, it gets me by, but it's not really that great unless you are within about 6-10 feet of your subject. Aircraft in flight always look like they are a couple of miles away even if they flew past right near me.

Last edited:
See y'all in the morning. I'll probably be wearing shorts and a gray Watervliet Municipal Airport (40C) t-shirt.

I can’t send a PM for some reason, made the forum.
I’m parked in row 64 in Vintage. Drop a note in or on my 180 and I’ll shoot you a text to meet up.

Back