Monday Hike

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Who's in?

The plan for now is to leave around 11:30 on Monday, eat lunch and then head out to Red Rock. Should be back by 3 or 4 at the latest. Also, if you've got wheels (and empty seats in said wheels) note that as well.

Currently Going

BobDDuck (Three open seats, assuming one person is small)
Deirdre (BobD's WAY better looking half)

Who's in?

The plan for now is to leave around 11:30 on Monday, eat lunch and then head out to Red Rock. Should be back by 3 or 4 at the latest. Also, if you've got wheels (and empty seats in said wheels) note that as well.

Currently Going

Ethan....Count me in.

I won't qualify as the 'small' person.... ;)

Wang that's cool if you rent a car... Let's just make sure you know how to get there this time eh? :)

So the list for now

Currently Going

JEP
FlyChicaga
Sarah
Rocketman
Tony (maybe with car)

It's not too bad. There's actually a bunch of trails up where we are going. The one I am thinking of Stan, Tony and I did last year. It goes up to a little spring and damn which is cool. It's along a dirt road about halfway and then maybe a mile up a gradually slopping hill. It took us about 45 minutes each way last time and we were moving pretty slowly.

Count me in, assuming I don't get too drunk on Sunday night and need to sleep through the day on Monday. :D I'm not sure yet if I'm getting a car, but I may have one.

It's not too bad. There's actually a bunch of trails up where we are going. The one I am thinking of Stan, Tony and I did last year. It goes up to a little spring and damn which is cool. It's along a dirt road about halfway and then maybe a mile up a gradually slopping hill. It took us about 45 minutes each way last time and we were moving pretty slowly.

That's it? I was thinking more along the lines of the hike we did in 2005... I still remember Chuck rocketing down the mountain while we all tried to keep from sliding down and wrecking ourselves. Then we had to get the SUV unstuck... :D

That's it? I was thinking more along the lines of the hike we did in 2005... I still remember Chuck rocketing down the mountain while we all tried to keep from sliding down and wrecking ourselves. Then we had to get the SUV unstuck... :D

"Plenty of room tony...Back it up, a little more....a little more"....KERPLUNK.

"That'll do it..."

that was a bit of climbing, not too bad though.....I think the only person we saw the entire time was the police man who stopped to look at the truck as if we were stuck.... :D

I wasn't there for 05 regrettably. In 07 I was pushing for some hardcore hiking and all I could get ya'll to do was the "children's discovery area". Jeesh.

The nice thing about the trail I was talking about is if we do want to go big there are other trails that loop off and go much longer distances.

So it's sounding like Tony or Todd might have a car? 'Cause my trunk isn't big enough to fit that many people.

And Todd, that's why we aren't planning on leaving until 11:30am... plenty of time to sleep it off.

I wasn't there for 05 regrettably. In 07 I was pushing for some hardcore hiking and all I could get ya'll to do was the "children's discovery area". Jeesh.

There weren't really any trails per se here. It was just a general area where we parked and started hiking/climbing whatever parts we wanted. There were some nice little peaks to climb. Tony bit it on one part but saved his camera....

Back