MOAB

I actually did one. A recommendation came from the meet and greet.

I had a similar situation when I got hired.

After my CPO meet/greet it was about a year and a half for the call for me. I had my app in with weekly updates for ~8 years. Even with 8 internals and 16 total job fairs - what did it for me was I received the invite for the Hogan the day after I updated my airlineapps with my airbus type/ ~200 hours on the jet after working at a LCC for 6 months. At that point in time of the 24 in my newhire class - 11 of us were LCC guys.

I understand the frustration especially given the rate that we are hiring at but the grind is worth it. Keep going. Keep adding things to set yourself apart from the stack.

I'm not saying this is the reason but it blew me away how many friends of mine had me look over their app and there were seemingly small errors(e.g. expired medical) that nuked their app from the algorithm which spit out the next batch of interviewees. On recent townhalls this was highlighted as a problem still.

I had a similar situation when I got hired.

After my CPO meet/greet it was about a year and a half for the call for me. I had my app in with weekly updates for ~8 years. Even with 8 internals and 16 total job fairs - what did it for me was I received the invite for the Hogan the day after I updated my airlineapps with my airbus type/ ~200 hours on the jet after working at a LCC for 6 months. At that point in time of the 24 in my newhire class - 11 of us were LCC guys.

I understand the frustration especially given the rate that we are hiring at but the grind is worth it. Keep going. Keep adding things to set yourself apart from the stack.

I'm not saying this is the reason but it blew me away how many friends of mine had me look over their app and there were seemingly small errors(e.g. expired medical) that nuked their app from the algorithm which spit out the next batch of interviewees. On recent townhalls this was highlighted as a problem still.

I appreciate the words of encouragement. I have my apps out to the LCCs and from the lives my friends live at them, I wouldn’t be upset. I really enjoy what I do as a LCA at my regional, but I work very hard, and some of the days are incredibly long on the 200. If I didn’t know what type of lifestyle can truly be enjoyed after a regional airline, I know I wouldn’t be as frustrated. I’m just trying to enjoy the ride but most of my friends have left at this point which has me wondering what I’m doing wrong.

How many bids per year does United usually have? How long can you be withheld from your newly awarded status? I heard y’all get the bid results the same day as it closes? At AA it takes 2-3 weeks for the preliminary awards to come out. Our computers are slow :bounce:

When times are busy we can have them every 1 to 2 months. In situations like this however, they are really needing to fund newhire classes so at the minimum every 2 months in order to have vacancies for newhires.

They can withhold you indefinitely but pay protection begins man for man after a couple months.

Yes we usually get the bid results the evening that it closes.

Once you’ve checked the qualification boxes, it’s all about getting your app pulled by the hiring people. Thats the hardest part. Don’t overthink it.

AA has a similar number of captain vacancys if you combine the October and December ones. I think all the airlines should start clipping along quite well as long as "Delta" (not that Delta @Cherokee_Cruiser ) doesnt ruin everyones plan.
Looks like AA is back to around Summer 2015 for junior 737/320 captain now (I Think back to where they were pre covid basically). I think its fairly similar to get 787FO. Not as many widebodies anymore so not as much "shock and awe" as the other big 3.

Looks like AA is back to around Summer 2015 for junior 737/320 captain now (I Think back to where they were pre covid basically). I think its fairly similar to get 787FO. Not as many widebodies anymore so not as much "shock and awe" as the other big 3.

You put your bid in for 737/320 captain?

I’m really glad to see this rebound, let’s hope it continues. Hope all out there waiting on a call gets it soon!

Back