Missing Airport?

Sidious

Question: Why would a public use airport not be charted on a low altitude enroute chart?

Does that stop me from filing IFR if the airport isn't charted?

Because although I can't find the reg I'm certain that you can file to an airport without an approach procedure as long as you can descend from the MEA and maintain your cloud clearances and basic VFR... Can anyone confirm that?

Thoughts? And if anyone is wondering the airport its KCDK and the L chart is L-24.

I'm certain that you can file to an airport without an approach procedure as long as you can descend from the MEA and maintain your cloud clearances and basic VFR... Can anyone confirm that?

You can file to a cow pasture, if you want, using lat/lon or rho theta fixes.

Because although I can't find the reg I'm certain that you can file to an airport without an approach procedure as long as you can descend from the MEA and maintain your cloud clearances and basic VFR... Can anyone confirm that?

You could file to the airport regardless of the weather, you obviously just won't get there if you can't go down from whatever your last assigned altitude is under basic VFR.

You do need to file an alternate if the destination airport has no IAP. (91.169b)

You can also file an airport without an IAP as your alternate as long the forecast at your ETA allows you to get down from the MEA under basic VFR.

Operating under something other than part 91, well, I have no idea.

Question: Why would a public use airport not be charted on a low altitude enroute chart?

According to NACO Chart Users' Guide:

AIRPORTS
All active airports with hard-surfaced runways of
3000' or longer are shown on FAA IFR Enroute Charts.
All active airports with approved instrument approach
procedures are also shown regardless of runway length
or composition.

Does that stop me from filing IFR if the airport isn't charted?

Thoughts? And if anyone is wondering the airport its KCDK and the L chart is L-24.

Yes it is 4A on the Low 51(jepp).

According to NACO Chart Users' Guide:

AIRPORTS
All active airports with hard-surfaced runways of
3000' or longer are shown on FAA IFR Enroute Charts.
All active airports with approved instrument approach
procedures are also shown regardless of runway length
or composition.

Yes it is 4A on the Low 51(jepp).

But not NACO, thanks for the source tgrayson

Back