Minnesota State Mankato

Pilot121

Does anyone know anything about MSU Mankato's aviation program? What is it like in terms of quality, instructors, aircraft fleet, etc.? Also, what is the college like as a whole?

Thanks,
Pilot121

Haven't gone there but I know some people who did.

It's a good school for how much you pay. Is it the best? No. Will you get your certs and have a good time? Yes.

Haven't gone there but I know some people who did.

It's a good school for how much you pay. Is it the best? No. Will you get your certs and have a good time? Yes.
What exactly is considered the "best" aviation college? UND or ERAU? Someplace else?

Yeah UND/ERAU. However, best flight school doesn't mean as much as say the best MBA program. Any flight school will give you ratings, the advantage these universities offer is the networking.

MSU does the flying through the local FBO, http://www.flymankato.com/.

If you have very specific questions about the school/flying PM me and I'll contact someone who went there, I know about 5 of them.

Yeah UND/ERAU. However, best flight school doesn't mean as much as say the best MBA program. Any flight school will give you ratings, the advantage these universities offer is the networking.

MSU does the flying through the local FBO, http://www.flymankato.com/.

If you have very specific questions about the school/flying PM me and I'll contact someone who went there, I know about 5 of them.
Thanks!

I went to MSU back in 2002-2006 and enjoyed my time there. The best thing about MSU vs ERAU is that aviation is just a small part of what they offer, so you can take classes in other subjects as well. They also have girls.

I went to MSU back in 2002-2006 and enjoyed my time there. The best thing about MSU vs ERAU is that aviation is just a small part of what they offer, so you can take classes in other subjects as well. They also have girls.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Do you know if their graduates are generally successful in finding flying jobs after graduation?

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Do you know if their graduates are generally successful in finding flying jobs after graduation?
Granted I didn't graduate with an aviation degree as I switched majors, but I know a lot of my friends/acquaintances ended up at Mesaba and Pinnacle, then moved on to bigger and better as those airlines folded.

Also, with it being a college flight school, I'm sure getting a CFI job won't be that hard. But, I moved away from 'kato in 2007.

Granted I didn't graduate with an aviation degree as I switched majors, but I know a lot of my friends/acquaintances ended up at Mesaba and Pinnacle, then moved on to bigger and better as those airlines folded.

Also, with it being a college flight school, I'm sure getting a CFI job won't be that hard. But, I moved away from 'kato in 2007.
Thanks for the help!

Back