Military Contracting

skymac

Does anyone here have any insight for contracting positions? I’ve recently applied to L3 and a couple of other companies and would love to get the chance to talk with someone in HR but unfortunately these days, it’s hard unless you have an “IN”. I’m curious about their hiring timelines, etc. They seem to post jobs often but they also have some of the same positions that have been posted for 6+ months. I have a good background and resume, lower on time by just a hair on a couple of positions but meet or exceed on other positions and I’ve already previously held clearances. Any insight would be appreciated.

From what I understand, the published times are set in stone by the contract. There’s no wiggle room.

Having done it, all I can say is, don't. Get to an airline as quickly as possible, and have a career and a life.

Having done it, all I can say is, don't. Get to an airline as quickly as possible, and have a career and a life.

Why do you think? Everyone I’ve talked to, loves it. Also I’ve already been twice flying some other stuff and to be honest. It’s easy living, good friendships to be made, interesting work, and excellent pay. I’m just looking to get back into it for a bit.

Why do you think? Everyone I’ve talked to, loves it. Also I’ve already been twice flying some other stuff and to be honest. It’s easy living, good friendships to be made, interesting work, and excellent pay. I’m just looking to get back into it for a bit.

It's going the same way as 91/135. For many companies, it's a job for the unhirables, rather than a desirable position, and they tend to treat their employees as such. L3 may be an exception, as I have heard some good things. Since you've already been over there, you already know the QoL elements, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as easy living.

Back