Microsoft Flight 2020

n156499000

Titanius Anglesmith
lol ok so you CAN'T do those things! I thought I was just an idiot and was missing the control somewhere. The amount of times I've been mashing old FS9 or FSx buttons to do things has been ridiculous.
Ugh, after 25+ years of the same user interface I spent a day or three remapping the keyboard to the old MSFS/P3D keys. In doing this I’ve found a lot of functions that don’t exist anymore (or maybe they are extremely well hidden with names that don’t come close that I haven’t found yet). The more I use it I get the impression that while the graphics are amazing, it will take a lot of outside work to come close to the same level of possible systems depth that you can get with the Legacy FS/P3D architecture. Which makes sense in that when MS sold the old FS platform to LockMart they agreed that if they ever re-entered the home sim market FS they would stick to more game like and not something that could be developed into a more detailed home training sim. From digging through the file system it certainly isn’t as user friendly to making individual customizations to the base world/system. It’s doable but not as easy as before and even third party add-one are going to be more limited to whatever third party modification software is capable of and not much manual editing. Good for the casual user but people used to making a lot of personalization will be disappointed for a while until work around are developed.

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
lol ok so you CAN'T do those things! I thought I was just an idiot and was missing the control somewhere. The amount of times I've been mashing old FS9 or FSx buttons to do things has been ridiculous.
Oh yeah and trying to figure out how to remap buttons has been a pain.

Phantom017

Up up and awaaaaayyy!
Also in the process of fixing some things it seems they broke the 320. I can’t keep both engines running longer than a minute or two before number 1 dies. I mean, I get it’s a NEO, but come on
If you leave the apu and bleed on the whole flight the engines stay lit. Nothing like a patch that actually breaks more things than it fixes!

Tiptank

I finally got around to playing it and it's pretty good. The Scenery and lighting is amazing. It's worthless for IFR stuff, the autopilot doesn't even work correctly on any of the planes. Sightseeing in the Icon A5 is a ton of fun. Plus when you need to go get another beer you just find a lake or pond to plop down in! Worth the money.

poser765

I finally got around to playing it and it's pretty good. The Scenery and lighting is amazing. It's worthless for IFR stuff, the autopilot doesn't even work correctly on any of the planes. Sightseeing in the Icon A5 is a ton of fun. Plus when you need to go get another beer you just find a lake or pond to plop down in! Worth the money.
It is definitely gorgeous. There some jank for sure, though. The 320 is a disaster.

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
I still play P3D for my tubeliners - it's really not a bad simulator.
Not at all. After several weeks of watching and not buying FS2020, just as I predicted, long time simmers and people who try to realistically simulate IFR flights in complex add-on airplanes are all back to P3D and Xplane where as the casual simmers and people who are new to flight simulation are content are blown away by the graphics and quite happy. When I can afford another SSD drive, I'll get FS2020 just for flying GA planes around which looks like fun, but P3D is great for now.

A Concorde recently came out for P3D, and is said to be done for FS2020 by December. However, it isn't a "study level" Concorde and is only a little more realistic than the planes that come with the game. FSLabs, who's A320 is said to be the best thing ever made for a flight simulator, is working on a real study-level Concorde, so I'm holding out for that. No autopilot cruise in that thing, you've got to be manning the F/E panel the entire cruise to keep her flying!

But for those who just want to blast around in a visually appealing Concorde, here it is:

DC Designs Showcase Concorde In Microsoft Flight Simulator | FSElite

Last edited:

JDean3204

I’m not much of a lap top gamer or flight sim enthusiast these days. However, I’ve heard a version may be released for the Xbox X later on. That I may grab since that may be some fun, not worried about realism but good graphics to frolic around with. Anyone know if there is any truth to the console version release?

Sluggo

I’m not much of a lap top gamer or flight sim enthusiast these days. However, I’ve heard a version may be released for the Xbox X later on. That I may grab since that may be some fun, not worried about realism but good graphics to frolic around with. Anyone know if there is any truth to the console version release?
Yeah it should be launching on the Xbox. I'm pretty sure it is or will be on the Xbox Game Pass if you want to just try it before you buy it.

TWP

I’ve enjoyed watching people post horrible landings on YouTube only to get ripped apart in the comments section. Those are some pretty graphics.