Miami Center

You know what facility you're chosen for before you go to PEPC. Its up to you to make the decision to accept the PEPC invite. If you get make it to yiur facility and don't like it, then you're just going to have transfer if/when you're able to. This job process isn't full of choices.

Like I've said on earlier posts in different threads, I'm just happy to have made it this far.

That's only true for those of you going to an ARTCC... terminal people only know that they have been chosen for a terminal position and they know what state, but they don't know which facility until they get to the PEPC.

FYI...I know I was complaining about probably not getting a call back from ZMA so I could tour their facility. But guess what?! They called me back!! He said I could come in as soon as I'd like during a weekday.

Has anyone been? I think I'm going to try to go on Thursday!! :nana2:

So I got word today from HR that Miami Center isn't slotted for academy dates until January... :(

But ZTL gets their choice of 2 or 3 dates starting Oct 2???

I'm bummed. I would have gone the day after my PEPC if they let me.

I guess at least now we have something a little more definitive to look forward to. If any of you hear anything different please let me know!

The reason I am ressurecting this thread is to first off find out if anyone has received and FOL for ZMA. I was told that I have to retake my drug test late this month or early next month. I also chose the Jan 9th date that was given to me back in August. From what I was told that I the first available date for ZMA applicants.

Still waiting too...

It took almost 3 months for my security to come back, and by the time it did the Jan. slots were filled. My HR rep told me there WAS a class in March, but it was removed and to be renegotiated. I've heard nothing since and that was about a month ago.

Ok.. another ZMA update:

I called my HR contact on Monday (12/1) and the phone was answered on the 2nd ring. Crazy stuff I thought. Well I asked her when I would be getting information on when and where to refresh my drug test. She gave me a number and I called it. I took my drug test on Tuesday (12/2) at 8:30 at a local testing center which fowards the specimen to the FAA to be tested. Once my HR rep gets the results she could send me an FOL. That is what she said before I called to set it test up.

I am supposed to be slotted for the Jan 9th class which is in the catalog for Enroute Basics. Hopefully everything is still a go for that date.

If anyone else thinks they are supposed to go to OKC around then and has not refreshed your drug test from NYC PEPC then you might want to try to get a hold of HR.

Well.. I got my FOL for ZMA. Class is on the 9th. If anyone else is gonna be there then shoot me a PM. I am driving from West Palm Beach on maybe the 7th.

Back