Metro Type?

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
Who sells metro types down in the states. I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but seriously. Who?

I am sure if you paid Key Lime enough that they would train you... but I don't recommend it. Flight Safety STL can accomplish that training as well as SAT I think.

Oh I thought you were looking for this..... :D
metrosexual.jpg

Why would you want a SA227(better way to say it) type for? Wouldn't be the climbto350 posting lately would it?? Well flight safety does it and I think it costs around 8k. Another option is to go to one of the cargo companies that runs them with their own check airman and you might be able to get it done quickly. Seriously though, I've had the type for a bout a year and there's really isnt any decent paying places flying the equipment.

=Jason-

Why would you want a SA227(better way to say it) type for? Wouldn't be the climbto350 posting lately would it?? Well flight safety does it and I think it costs around 8k. Another option is to go to one of the cargo companies that runs them with their own check airman and you might be able to get it done quickly. Seriously though, I've had the type for a bout a year and there's really isnt any decent paying places flying the equipment.

=Jason-

I might go to transnorthern if I can meet them half way, since I don't have any metro time. It'd be useful to have a type. I don't know if I want to go $8k bad, however. I dunno.

I'd vote no. If they need someone, and feel your right for the job, they will pay for it.
The only way I would buy a type would be SWA, and even then IIRC, it is after you are hired.

I might go to transnorthern if I can meet them half way, since I don't have any metro time. It'd be useful to have a type. I don't know if I want to go $8k bad, however. I dunno.

Yep this was about transnorthern's post. Man if I was still in the states, I would be all over that. Seems that there's many operations up there running the Metro's. I'm hoping to do a year or two in Alaska after my stay here in India. Seriously though, with the way the On-Demand places are hurting right now, they may give you your type for like 5k. I'd just ask around. The type isn't too hard, its just a very non responsive flying sewer pipe.

=Jason-

Yep it is still there.... saw it in operation not too long ago.... they even have a 226 sim..... wicked!

Yeah, I do my metro recurrent training in those sims. God those things are ghetto. Especially the 226. Was in it a month ago. It's always fun talking with the sim mx. guys about fixing them, I guess the mechanics of the sims make no more sense than the mechanics of an actual metro.

Back