Medical Renewal

ComberJones

So i have my medical due in the next month and was hoping to get it done early. So i go on med express to fill out the application but I have a problem my last medical was 5 years ago and I am not 100 percent sure if i checked the box for admission to the hospital. What i was wondering is does the ame have access to my old application during the exam or can the ame make a note on the form that i'm not completely sure if I marked yes or no? The last thing I want is to make a mistake and then have a problem with the FAA saying I lied.

I'm trying to figure out how the medical could be "due in the next month" if you haven't had one in 5 years? I don't recall how long it takes because it's been years since I did this. You can contact the FAA and get copies of all your medical applications. (or at least you used to be able to). Then you would have those to compare.

I'm trying to figure out how the medical could be "due in the next month" if you haven't had one in 5 years? I don't recall how long it takes because it's been years since I did this. You can contact the FAA and get copies of all your medical applications. (or at least you used to be able to). Then you would have those to compare.
It’s really due at the end of June. However I am moving back home from college and with this whole corona virus deal everything is locked down where I am from so I might not be able to get it done in June so I am trying to get it done before I move back.

It’s really due at the end of June. However I am moving back home from college and with this whole corona virus deal everything is locked down where I am from so I might not be able to get it done in June so I am trying to get it done before I move back.

Download the medical records request form here.

It make take them a couple months to get it to you so do it right away...

Hi Comber Jones,

The AME does have access to an abridged version of your last application, it tells what the Airman checked and what boxes the last AME checked in the exam findings. If your hospitalization was for something that won't be disqualifying for a medical certificate just check the box and have a discussion with your AME at the exam. They will make a comment about the discrepancy.

Aaron Florkowski, MD
FAA designated Aviation Medical Examiner
www.kansascityame.com

Hi Comber Jones,

The AME does have access to an abridged version of your last application, it tells what the Airman checked and what boxes the last AME checked in the exam findings. If your hospitalization was for something that won't be disqualifying for a medical certificate just check the box and have a discussion with your AME at the exam. They will make a comment about the discrepancy.

Aaron Florkowski, MD
FAA designated Aviation Medical Examiner
www.kansascityame.com

Thanks for the reply. I had my wisdom teeth taken in a hospital and I reported the surgery but am not sure if i marked the box for hospitalization. Thanks again.

Back