Medical expiration date relief due to pandemic

GCAP

I am operating on a First Class SI due to heart valve repair. I am due for yearly testing but just had my testing delayed due to the coronavirus.
I understand that the Canadians are giving a few moths relief on expiration date relief. Is the FAA doing anything?

Not yet -

In light of the ongoing COVID – 19 efforts, we appreciate the challenges AMEs are facing in the current practice environment. At this time, airmen medical certification procedures have not changed. All airmen medical certification examinations must be performed on the schedule specified in 14 CFR part 61.23. We are exploring contingency options during this National Emergency.
In the interim, we highly encourage AMEs to follow CDC and local public health guidance. To the greatest extent possible, please try to separate well airmen from ill patients either by space or time.
There is erroneous information that the FAA has directed airman flying
international routes not to see an AME or complete an airman medical exam.
This is simply not true. Airman who have followed FAA guidance for international
flight crews (to include sanitized crew quarters and limited overseas social
contact) are at low risk for COVID – 19 and should proceed with their required
exam. On the other hand, if your office pre-screening identifies an airman with
respiratory symptoms, please refer to CDC and local Public Health guidance.”
(Source: FAA Office of Aerospace Medicine via Susan E. Northrup, M.D. Southern Regional Flight Surgeon)

Our union has said if you have a SI and are having trouble getting renewal, to contact the appropriate committee. Not sure what they'll do for you, but they might have some relief from work if that happens or something.

I am operating on a First Class SI due to heart valve repair. I am due for yearly testing but just had my testing delayed due to the coronavirus.
I understand that the Canadians are giving a few moths relief on expiration date relief. Is the FAA doing anything?

The FAA has announced that airmen may fly with an expired medical until June 30th:

Back