Medical Certification question

Mustang5-0

Hello all.

I'm currently going through the process for the FAA MedXpress. I've taken Prozac in the past from 2013 to 2022. My most recent prescriber was a nurse practitioner from 2020 to 2022. The FAA is requesting that I send them: "A current, detailed Clinical Progress Note that must include A, B, C and D."

Has anyone gone through this process before? Should I send them all medical records dating back to 2013 or is the more recent stuff, from 2020 to 2022, good enough?

did they ask for "all medical records dating back to 2013" (where they can find more reasons to deny you) or "A current, detailed Clinical Progress Note that must include A, B, C and D"?

Bottom line: if you care about it, you should find an experienced consulting AME to take you through the process and avoid missteps that can significantly reduce the chances of a successful outcome.

FAA medical, especially when it comes to psychiatric and drug issues, is not a game for amateurs,

did they ask for "all medical records dating back to 2013" (where they can find more reasons to deny you) or "A current, detailed Clinical Progress Note that must include A, B, C and D"?

Bottom line: if you care about it, you should find an experienced consulting AME to take you through the process and avoid missteps that can significantly reduce the chances of a successful outcome.

FAA medical, especially when it comes to psychiatric and drug issues, is not a game for amateurs,

I understand what you mean and requested all of my past records. I contacted an AME and he said the same thing. Thank you!

Hi Mustan5-0

Agree with what Midlifeflyer said above. The process when taking an SSRI such as Prozac is complex. The FAA has recently published guidance on what they consider to be a detailed progess note:

Hopefully that will at least give you some idea of what they are looking for.

Aaron Florkowski, MD
FAA designated Senior AME
www.kansascityame.com

I appreciate you sending me that link. It has helped greatly for clarifying what I have and need. Thank you as well!

Back