Many Colgan ALPA events coming up!

These events in particular are a great place to have questions answered as the PCL MEC Chair will be there.

Big thanks to all the volunteers giving up their free time for these events.
:)

They put a new hire in Syracuse??

That will not make some SENIOR FOs happy.

On a side note- I won't be in EWR tomorrow, due to a dentist appointment. I will be in IAD on Wednesday though!

They obviously need someone up there, they sent me up there last month to cover open time.

And Im not saying that as in "Send up a new guy" Im saying they should let someone who used to be there, go back.

Something has got to happen. They were holding open time from senior FO's and CA's on the SAAB saying that "New FO's need open time...to be fair"

Haha...thats not fair. Lets keep in mind that many of us did sit reserve and didn't fly a lot when we first got hired. It just proves this company changes the rules to fit whatever they need at the time.

Example- A Presque Isle open pairing, refused to an FO with a seniority number in the 240's. Given to an FO with a seniority number in the 470s.

I'm afraid 100 hr pay credit months are a thing of the past.

Something has got to happen. They were holding open time from senior FO's and CA's on the SAAB saying that "New FO's need open time...to be fair"

Haha...thats not fair. Lets keep in mind that many of us did sit reserve and didn't fly a lot when we first got hired. It just proves this company changes the rules to fit whatever they need at the time.

Example- A Presque Isle open pairing, refused to an FO with a seniority number in the 240's. Given to an FO with a seniority number in the 470s.

I think part of it was the fact that they were waiting to see where the new FOs were going. They had a string of open time in CRW, but didnt want to give it to me because they knew they were sending a new FO up there.

These 55 hour projected credit months really make me feel like Im working for free when I have to do things like repos and hot reserve. They really need to make reserve credit be 3.75 hours and get us close to that 75 hour mark.

You want to know what really burns me? If 100 hr. pay credits are gone, and we are all going to be flying 60hrs/month, fine. But why on earth don't we get 15+ days off????????

Somebody explain to me why every line in IAH has stand-ups. I mean EVERY line. All but about 4 are under 75hrs (those 4 are at like 78) and the most days off is 13!!!!!

Completely unacceptable and disrespectful. :banghead:

You want to know what really burns me? If 100 hr. pay credits are gone, and we are all going to be flying 60hrs/month, fine. But why on earth don't we get 15+ days off????????

Somebody explain to me why every line in IAH has stand-ups. I mean EVERY line. All but about 4 are under 75hrs (those 4 are at like 78) and the most days off is 13!!!!!

This is my number one complaint with this company. Last month, I flew 93 hours and had 15 days off. This month, I'm flying 60 hours with 12 days off. WTF????

And when I have a cancelled flight, why do I sit hot reserve instead of being released? If they need 3 crews on hot reserve, why aren't there that many on normal days? Complete b.s.

I would love to get to IAH :nana2:

Dot told me straight up that when the lines are done being built- they have to to go Buddy to be approved.

PNCL Corp doesn't want ANYONE to be over 75 hours of credit. So she has to make the lines as close to 75 credit hours.

With THAT being said...why does no one get 15+ days off?

Because they don't thing we need that many days off. OR lets say you have a 60 hr block line...well so you're getting paid for 75 hours but only working 60...they aren't getting their monies worth out of you. THATS why.

Simple as this...

Senior pilots should get lines.

Junior pilots should be on reserve.

Personally- I can't live on guarantee. Most of us cannot. And I'm on 2nd year pay.

well i saw we have one line here in alb that is 0 time but all hot reserve. fri sat and sun off. all the other lines are low guarentee. i think ill be getting the left overs since there are only 5 lines and i be numero seis.

well i saw we have one line here in alb that is 0 time but all hot reserve. fri sat and sun off. all the other lines are low guarentee. i think ill be getting the left overs since there are only 5 lines and i be numero seis.

Yea, my buddy in class who got ALB got the hot reserve line and HATED it. If there are more FOs than lines, he should just not bid a line and let the junior guy get that crap Hot reserve line and he'll get regular reserve.

I loved being based in Albany.

Seriously, if you are sitting at the hangar for more than two hours with the hot reserve, you are not working the system. We got there, ran up the airplane, had a cup of coffee, bullcrapped with the mechanics then went back to the crashpad and watched 'The View'.

Our crashpad was five minutes away from the airport. By the time they called us to say we need to fly or deadhead we where in position to do what needed to be done.

Amatuers...

I'll try to stop by if we get a decent break in the day (which will of course require ewr to be on time for a change).

It was a great event. Practically a JC meet-n-greet! I saw the Sasquatch for the first time in months, and I finally met Cruise and FlyChicaga. Josh, if you're planning on attending another event, let me know. I think I might go to at least one more before the voting is complete.

Hey PCL.....It was great to finally meet you as well. Thanks again for hanging out today and helping us with the drive!

Also, we had a guest appearance by none other than FlyChicaga! Great seeing you again Matt, thanks for swinging in before you started your pairing!

I'll be at the IAD event tomorrow. So, it would be great to see more of our JC crowd.

PCL_128 said:
Josh, if you're planning on attending another event, let me know. I think I might go to at least one more before the voting is complete.

Yeah, I plan on making it to one of these events. Which one, to be determined. :)

You'll definitely know.

Back