Majors or Recreation/Regional

John_Jones

Alright,
Big question here and I need some help. I am coming close to hireing time for Regionals (will have 1000 hours by next time this year hopefully). I am trying to make my final decision about where I want to go with my life. I have two options in my opinion...Go to the majors (something since a kid I have dreamed about) other option...is to go to fly recreational flights (entertainment flying such as tours of areas), and flying the bush (also somethingI really am considering for the future). My problem with the majors/regionals is the lifestyle and plain old letting a computer do all the work. I love 'flying' I dont love watching a computer fly. Thats why I have been slowly drifting away from building hours and making sacrafices just to see a computer fly my aircraft. I am in a beautiful area right now (Telluride, CO) and I think it would be awsome to fly Gliders, small GA Aircraft through the mountains to tourist showing off the great scenery, there I could fly which I actually am in the business for. Or flying the bush in Alaska (once I hit around 1300-1500 hours or so), which I think would be also great views and would involve me doing a lot of flying! What do you guys think though? How about majors pilots or corporates, you find you're self looking at a computer and just setting it, or actually getting to fly it and enjoying you're 'flying' job. Thanks any input is appreciated wether you're with the majors or you're flying on mommies lap
smile.gif

Do both.

We had scattered thunderstorms from ATL to DFW this afternoon so I decided to click off the autopilot and just fly it for about an hour, deviating around the thunderstorms, shot the visual into 17L without a flight director and had a great time.
\
But I'd definitely reccomend continuing to fly on the side for pleasure. I haven't done it in so long, haven't touched a piston-driven aircraft for four years and I've almost got to break into the general aviation flying fraternity again.

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with the majors/regionals is the lifestyle and plain old letting a computer do all the work. I love 'flying' I dont love watching a computer fly.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about flying for the "State Department" hauling "hard rice" and "cleansing the countryside"? Interested?

Back