Maintenance turn gone wrong

skidz

Attachments

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
It's from a while back and there was a thread on here about it. In a nutshell the mechanic was cleaning the turbine blades on one of the engines and when she went to spin the engine using the starter, the thrust lever was out of shut off so FADEC started the engine. At that point either the brake failed or was turned off and the plane rotated into two other aircraft.

H46Bubba

It's from a while back and there was a thread on here about it. In a nutshell the mechanic was cleaning the turbine blades on one of the engines and when she went to spin the engine using the starter, the thrust lever was out of shut off so FADEC started the engine. At that point either the brake failed or was turned off and the plane rotated into two other aircraft.
Both mechanics performing the comp wash were brand new and had only been there two weeks. They are both still employed and the hangar supervisor and crew chief were fired. I think two airacraft had to be written off. Surreal or Emu should know more about that aspect.

SeanD

I was thinking maybe the TSA did it while looking for frogs that may have snuck into the landing gear. :sarcasm:

The L Train

That's about what I had heard as well. I got in there 20 minutes before it happened. Luckily the plane I brought in was spared. Showed up for duty in the next day, and surprise. There is a slight problem with your aircraft. Good times.

coa787

Unknown Member
This was at BTR. It was the left engine that supposedly spooled up to nearly full power and the aircraft jumped the chocks and ran into the other two aircraft. So I think that the brake was most likely turned off, but I really wouldn't know.