Mac Dan Aviation

ktsai91

Is Mac Dan Aviation currently hiring line service technicians? I'm finally 18 AND have a driver's license (provisional).

They're always hiring because their employee turnover rate is really high. Biggest reason for that is payroll; they almost never pay employees on time, and you have to chase your paycheck when you finally get it. Once in a while paychecks will bounce. Management will lie to you about your check and tell you if you don't like it, find another job.

They're always hiring because their employee turnover rate is really high. Biggest reason for that is payroll; they almost never pay employees on time, and you have to chase your paycheck when you finally get it. Once in a while paychecks will bounce. Management will lie to you about your check and tell you if you don't like it, find another job.

Exactly stay far away from MAC DAN Aviation. I worked there, the job is cool but SJM is right about payroll and management in general. I had to be like "So um hey its friday, do you have my check?" "No, their not here yet try tomorrow." Seriously if you never beg for your check they won't pay you.

So you guys want to work in aviation AND get paid!?!? snap, sounds like a great place to work...:laff::laff::laff:

Exactly stay far away from MAC DAN Aviation. I worked there, the job is cool but SJM is right about payroll and management in general. I had to be like "So um hey its friday, do you have my check?" "No, their not here yet try tomorrow." Seriously if you never beg for your check they won't pay you.

I see. Well, are there any other line service jobs in the NJ area that has something to do with aviation? Not only line service, I might want to try washing airplanes.

Things are slow everywhere but don't let that discourage you from getting your name out there now for when FBOs start hiring again.

I see. Well, are there any other line service jobs in the NJ area that has something to do with aviation? Not only line service, I might want to try washing airplanes.

Try Somerville Airport. They need people for the summer but I already got a job at EWR for Continental. We may be hiring drivers to do airline catering soon.

I'm interested in working in NJ too. I was thinking about going up to teterboro this week and seeing if they had any positions open. How is continental's pay? I'd like to make $14 an hour because I have school bills to pay off but I heard the airlines pay their employees crap.

You might come close to $14/hr at Meridian, probabaly not at Atlantic, XOJet might come close to.

Does Dassault have a full service FBO at KTEB?

You might come close to $14/hr at Meridian, probabaly not at Atlantic, XOJet might come close to.

Does Dassault have a full service FBO at KTEB?

$14? doubt it unless you got Line Service experience and even then maybe more like 13 an hour.

I'm interested in working in NJ too. I was thinking about going up to teterboro this week and seeing if they had any positions open. How is continental's pay? I'd like to make $14 an hour because I have school bills to pay off but I heard the airlines pay their employees crap.

The airlines do pay their employees crap, but don't forget that airline employees can get free travel for themselves and maybe their family with that airline, space permitting.

Getting a line service job is pretty hard in NJ right now, believe me. I wouldn't count on 14/hr unless you have years of experience, or make supervisor.

Doing some basic math I could likely get by on $12 an hour plus tips (if they really are as good as some people claim and I don't have to claim the tips). I've read people here saying they got 17K for part time and if that's part-time I figured $14 an hour for full time seemed cheap. Online charts range $10-$15 ah hour and I figured the cost of living for this area would be the higher end.

As for the crap airline pay, that's the problem. I don't want flying benefits. I don't travel now as it is. So all I really need right now is some basic benefits, enough to pay my bills and travel costs and I'd be happy to work anywhere.

Back