Low time guys in Houston

Boris Badenov

This is no laughing matter.
If you're in Houston and you're one of the guys who is always asking about jobs for commercial pilots, here's your chance. This guy: http://www.kingflightservice.com/ is advertising on climbto350 for immediate openings flying "in support of hurricane Ike" (maybe you're dropping aid supplies to the hurricane?) Says he prefers CFIs but it appears that the only hard qualifications are a commercial license and current residence in Houston.

Says no calls, apply in person at 202 N. Farrington, Laporte, TX 77571
Must bring license and driver's license with a houston area address.

If you're in Houston and you're one of the guys who is always asking about jobs for commercial pilots, here's your chance. This guy: http://www.kingflightservice.com/ is advertising on climbto350 for immediate openings flying "in support of hurricane Ike" (maybe you're dropping aid supplies to the hurricane?) Says he prefers CFIs but it appears that the only hard qualifications are a commercial license and current residence in Houston.

Says no calls, apply in person at 202 N. Farrington, Laporte, TX 77571
Must bring license and driver's license with a houston area address.

The place also does pipeline/powerline patrol...... OH YEAH! Who wants some koolaid?

I went over to inquire about the job since it says "fly 70 - 90 hours a week" not sure how that would really work. Anyhow the guy wasn't there but the lady there said they filled the spot but might need more in a bit. I didn't get much info on the job other then it has something to do with towers being down due to the storms (so its a temp. job) and the pilots are just flying in circles to relay radio messages between helicopters doing work.

Anyone with more accurate info feel free to key in.

Cheap rate on the Geronimo. Of course, I have an aversion to flying in an airplane named Geronimo.

"Geronimooooo!!!!!!!"

70-90 hours flying per week? yikes! that's 12-14 hours a day...

the job is doing communications relay out in the gulf. I think you'll be trimmed out near stall reading a book and talking while flyin' in circles and buring off 2-3 tanks of gas per day....

his equip from what i've heard is questionable

Congratulations or good luck! Just be sure to go after Ike makes his visit and leaves. Being in a house with out power for days is no fun at all.

Geez. Don't wanna CFI, don't wanna die. These kids want it all handed to them on a silver platter these days! ;)

Hey guys,
Stay away from this place. I used to work for their competition in Pearland as a CFI and Pipeline pilot. They had a horrible rep. We had a few CFI'S from there come over to us. They used do their maintenance at night wth guys who were not A&P's I think they even had a few crashes. They were eventually kicked of our field. I can remember at least 2 engine failures they had. I heard rumors of others. I know it sounds good, but stay away. its not worth the hours. There are plenty of other decent outfits in Houston. Thats my opinion.

Back