Looking to start

saria19

Looking for a job in any field and would love some suggestions. FAA Commercial, 2155TT, willing to relocate.

A friend of mine informed me of this airline, but I guess that if you are committed to doing it, it's worth a shot.... Check out this Chinese regional airline called Dragon Air based in Hong Kong. I believe that they are hiring currently and prefer expatriate pilots over their own nationals owing to quality of training outside of China. You could qualify for their pre-cadet program with the total time that you have, but you must have your ATP written passed. Pay from what I hear begins at $30k-40k once you become a FO, then increases to $60k. Better than any regional in the USA....

If you choose to go ahead with a position such as this, be forewarned that it will be very hard to build your PIC turbine time, since most of their captains are very young!
You can find more information about them at PPRUNE.

40k a year in Hong Kong! Rofl. You wouldn't be able to afford to live under a bridge, that's prime real-estate.

I have my ATP written already, but the site indicates they want an ATPL. Are you certain it was just ATP?

Is it possible to commute with any of these companies just like in the US? Do competing carriers have non rev or reciprocal JS agreements?

40k a year in Hong Kong! Rofl. You wouldn't be able to afford to live under a bridge, that's prime real-estate.

Nah . . . as long as one can put up with renting a squat hole in Kowloon and going native with the food choices (i.e. eat A LOT of dried seafood) one should be able to make it ok :D

I have my ATP written already, but the site indicates they want an ATPL. Are you certain it was just ATP?

I am pretty sure that only the written is needed for the pre-cadet program for becoming a FO. If you want to go directly into that position though without spending a good amount of time in that program, you must already have an ATPL (and your minimums seem to be unfortunately below what they desire).

Back