Looking into MTSU.

navymmw

Hello everyone.

I just started my Junior year of high school today and I wanted to start thinking about college. Right now I have 12.8 hours and im getting really close to my first solo flight. I plan on getting my PPL and maybe my IFR or PPL multi before I go to college so I wanted to ask if MTSU is a good school to go to to get to the airlines. Also I would like to know if the school itself is good overall such as the campus, the town its located in, the aircraft, the airport in which you train, and also the staff.

MTSU is located in Murfreesboro. A pretty big city. MTSU is the biggest school in TN with around 25,000 students. The Aerospace program is really really good. Great staff. They have a pretty big fleet of Diamond 40's. All are G1000 and about half have synthetic vision. I'd say about 20 total. 10 of those are brand new. A couple of Arrows and a multi. You asked if it is a good school to go to the airlines. Well, doesn't really matter which college you go to. The airlines suck right now anyways. The campus is getting to be really nice. A lot of laid back people. The airport isn't bad. Uncontrolled. As far as getting your IFR or PPL multi, I would just get that Private ticket and go in with that. The reason is you are probably training at a part 61 school and MTSU is part 141. You will learn a lot more at MTSU than a part 61 school. I know from experience.

okay, thanks for the help. Im still not sure though about what ratings I will get before I go. I know im getting my PPL before but im not sure about the others. Anyway would you say MTSU is better then UND? Which is cheaper?

I don't know anything about UND so I can't judge that school. I also have no idea how much they charge.

Back