Looking for low time job in Chicago area

Max1594

Hey guys,

I'm looking for work/time building this summer in the Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin Area. I'm taking my commercial checkride here in the next week or two, right around 250 hours tt, while I figure that insurance requirements and the ability only to work the summer would disqualify me, I thought I'd at least try.

Looking for anything that would take a low time commercial pilot, be it glider towing, jump pilot, traffic, banner towing, etc. If anyone has any leads or advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Nope, figured that would also put me at a big disadvantage.

I'm in a college 141 program currently, thats the plan eventually, just looking for something to build time between the spring and fall semester.

Hhh...how? I know of a job on the WI/IL border that is seasonal and would hire with 250TT and 50TW.

Nope, figured that would also put me at a big disadvantage.

Aroo? For a low timer, tailwheel is about the second most useful thing you can have, other than a CFI. It is usually going to be high performance, PIC sole manipulator time, definitely looked favorably upon everywhere I have ever been.

There are a good number of fairly decent gigs out there, if you have 50-100TW. If you don't, well, you just eliminated a bunch of options.

Hhh...how? I know of a job on the WI/IL border that is seasonal and would hire with 250TT and 50TW.

Aroo? For a low timer, tailwheel is about the second most useful thing you can have, other than a CFI. It is usually going to be high performance, PIC sole manipulator time, definitely looked favorably upon everywhere I have ever been.

There are a good number of fairly decent gigs out there, if you have 50-100TW. If you don't, well, you just eliminated a bunch of options.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, I meant that I figured not having tailwheel time will put me at a huge disadvantage.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, I meant that I figured not having tailwheel time will put me at a huge disadvantage.

Oh ok. You had us bewildered for a few minutes there. It is never too late to start working on some tailwheel lessons. Worst thing that could happen is you will have tons of fun and become a better pilot.

Oh ok. You had us bewildered for a few minutes there. It is never too late to start working on some tailwheel lessons. Worst thing that could happen is you will have tons of fun and become a better pilot.

Oh trust me its something I'm looking into!

Back