Looking for info on Horizon

Jhuss1989

Considering moving to Horizon from a previous dispatch position and looking for whatever insight you're willing to give. How many flights is normal per day, how is the OCC environment? Where is Horizon OCC: in the new Alaska building or another, does Alaska hire mainly from Horizon and how soon could I expect to move up? any information would be great, thank you

I toured the ASA HQ not long ago, the QX NOC is in the same building as the ASA NOC, its just on a different floor.

Considering moving to Horizon from a previous dispatch position and looking for whatever insight you're willing to give. How many flights is normal per day, how is the OCC environment? Where is Horizon OCC: in the new Alaska building or another, does Alaska hire mainly from Horizon and how soon could I expect to move up? any information would be great, thank you
Overall a good company; if you're specifically looking to go to Alaska, they don't take too many people from QX as compared to off the street. Environment-wise, it's generally a great tight knit group of people, a mix of old timers and brand new dispatchers. Depending on the shift, you could have anywhere between 12-35ish flights per Day. The building is a beautiful 5ish year old building built for Alaska but also houses the QX SOC. In terms of pay, it's about what you'll get at any other shop, but compared to the cost of living in the Pacific Northwest, it's pretty low and you may struggle unless you have another household source of income or are willing to have a roommate. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions!

Back