Lookin' for work! WILL RELOCATE!

ntbjounin

Hey, If anyone's out there needing a pilot for ANYTHING with 2 engines or more... I'm there! I'm happy to sit right seat. I don't have any type ratings, but I am a QUICK learner, and when I train, I TRAIN HARD! I'm sure I can be typed quite quickly.

If you need a light twin pilot, I'm there. Or I'll even fly a single if it's a turbine or if the pay is good.

I'm willing to relocate anywhere as long as the pay will allow me to afford it.

I'm about 400tt/50me. But it's climbing every day!

Look in the job page or subscribe to Climbto350 or Will fly for food. See what you can find. Keep on CFI'ing if you have it.

Hey, If anyone's out there needing a pilot for ANYTHING with 2 engines or more... I'm there! I'm happy to sit right seat. I don't have any type ratings, but I am a QUICK learner, and when I train, I TRAIN HARD! I'm sure I can be typed quite quickly.

If you need a light twin pilot, I'm there. Or I'll even fly a single if it's a turbine or if the pay is good.

I'm willing to relocate anywhere as long as the pay will allow me to afford it.

I'm about 400tt/50me. But it's climbing every day!
LOL. Seriously, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I am what you are competing with. Lr-60 typed, 3200TT, 700+ Lr-60, 900 Caravan PIC, etc. At this stage in the game, get a decent job, even if it is flight instructing, and build your time and experience.

I admire your drive, but the days of 500/50 are over for a long time. Just don't isolate yourself at your hours setting the "I won't fly a single" type of mentality already. I know you had some stipulations on there, but seriously...get a job and build TT, and the multi will eventually come.

Good luck and keep your head up!!! There are jobs out there...

I see you are out of KRVS. What are you currently doing there? If you have your CFI's stay at Riverside and instruct to build your time. I instruct at RVS and recently gained 2 students who are buying an aircraft and want to recieve training. It just so happend that they are buying a high performance single and are also wanting to employ their flight instructor as a mentor pilot for an undisclosed ammount of time. As a result I'm going to be instructing and mentoring 2 students full time starting at $48K. All that with Approx 400TT 150ME. To top it all off they are already talking about their next a/c.

My point being don't be affraid to take the route of the instructor. Instruct and network your tail off. Be the consummate professional. You never know what that next student has planned.

P.S. Don't be the typical instructor that I see at the FBO who shows up for their scheduled lesson and leaves when it's over. It's a full time job! You should be at the flight school at least 8 hrs a day. It helps provide the flight school a person of knowledge to answer questions for callers and sets you up to pick up the walk-ins too.

Just tips from my personal experience....

I got out of that crap-hole Tulsa a week ago. I was at RFC for 5 months and gained another 400 hours out of it. Now I got my eye on Scandinavian Academy.

Think you're ready to go solo in a light twin or turbine single with your experience level, do ya?

Points for ambition, I guess.

Think you're ready to go solo in a light twin or turbine single with your experience level, do ya?

Points for ambition, I guess.

about 35 of my twin hrs are singe pilot. Not solo, but no one helping me out.
If someone will give me an opportunity I can prove myself..... Anyone?

LOL. Seriously, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I am what you are competing with. Lr-60 typed, 3200TT, 700+ Lr-60, 900 Caravan PIC, etc. At this stage in the game, get a decent job, even if it is flight instructing, and build your time and experience.

I admire your drive, but the days of 500/50 are over for a long time. Just don't isolate yourself at your hours setting the "I won't fly a single" type of mentality already. I know you had some stipulations on there, but seriously...get a job and build TT, and the multi will eventually come.

Good luck and keep your head up!!! There are jobs out there...

well you're not raining on my parade b/c i'm not competing with you. I'm not against anyone.

and i seriously doubt we're going for the same jobs. I'm going for anything that'll pay bills. you'll have much tighter requirements for your job i'd assume. and even if we are going for the same job... then i wouldnt be upset about you getting it at all. you're clearly much more qualified than i am, so who could blame them for hiring you?

and as far as regionals go, yea theyre not hiring, but there are plenty of ops who'll take 500/50. i just have to find one.

I'd not even try to justify my position ntbjounin.
It seems senseless to ask people who have no other desire than to look down upon others and make them feel worse than they do themselfes for any advise. Keep in mind that the "jobs needed" section is read by maybe 2 people in a position to hire/ inquire and the rest are other equally or better qualified pilots who either need a new job or know they will be needing on too, pretty shortly.
So - don't :panic: and keep smiling.

If someone will give me an opportunity I can prove myself..... Anyone?

Here's the reality: no insurance company will insure you to fly a light twin or turbine single with your experience.

It's got nothing to do with anyone looking down on anyone.

Here's the reality: no insurance company will insure you to fly a light twin or turbine single with your experience.

It's got nothing to do with anyone looking down on anyone.
That isn't necessarily true. I was flying a King Air with similar times.

However, with the way things are right now, take what you can get.

-mini

That isn't necessarily true. I was flying a King Air with similar times.

A King Air isn't exactly a "light twin" ('cept to the heavy drivers), and you sure didn't fly one as PIC with those times....or if you did, it was without insurance.

Sure, he might be able to land an SIC gig with those times, but not PIC.

A King Air isn't exactly a "light twin" ('cept to the heavy drivers), and you sure didn't fly one as PIC with those times....or if you did, it was without insurance.

Sure, he might be able to land an SIC gig with those times, but not PIC.

I don't think the man is looking for a left seat job. He is i a similar position that I am in. Looking for a job flying! He mentioned in his first post, "I'm happy to sit right seat", which tells me he knows he probably won't be PIC right away. There are jobs out there flying King Air's and other twins, who have SIC's or right seat guys with low time. Those SIC's eventually move to PIC with the TT to satisfy the insurance mins. I have 2 buddies who stumbled upon right seat King Air jobs with low low time.

Sorry dude but you've got some dues to pay first. I lucked into a sweet gig when I had double your times. The fact of the matter is this industry is dominated by luck as much as it is experience. Go build some time in the right seat of a F-172 for a while and impress people with how hard you work, not how great you think you are.

And if you think you're "not against anyone" I've got an orange bridge in San Francisco I'll sell you.

If you are simply going to respond to the poster by stating the obvious about how difficult it will be to find a job with those times, you are not helping the OP, the forums, or anybody else reading the thread. Nobody here is naive enough to think there there is an excess of pilot jobs.

Hopefully this thread will serve it's original purpose and someone will offer some true leads.

But... if all you are going to do is be negative... why not just keep it to yourself? If you truely think he won't find a job, then for the love of God just let him figure it out for himself. Does bursting someone else's bubble provide some sort of gratification? I guess I don't get it.

But... if all you are going to do is be negative... why not just keep it to yourself? If you truely think he won't find a job, then for the love of God just let him figure it out for himself. Does bursting someone else's bubble provide some sort of gratification? I guess I don't get it.
Believe it or not, some of us are attempting to pass on wisdom here. You know, the whole "mentoring" thing. Many of us, at some point, didn't realize you needed 1200 hrs to fly night cargo and wondered why FedEx wasn't calling us back with our wet comm ticket to offer us $75k/yr flying a Caravan for them.

Some people have no idea what realistic expectations are. Expecting a job as PIC in a light twin or turbine single is not realistic for a low-timer. Worse, there are plenty of 500-hr pilots who don't think of themselves as low-timers -- just a year ago, pilots were "ready" for the airlines with those times. Somebody needs to explain to them that the last two years were an anomaly.

But, maybe you're right. Maybe those of us trying to help those new to the game the same way we were helped by JC'ers in the past just ought to keep our mouths shut. If for nothing else, to give the experienced guys something to laugh at.

I know what you mean, but was it really necessary for numerous people to chime in saying the same thing? I think one would have been sufficient. Besides, he wasn't asking how realistic you thought his chances were. He was wanting people who knew about low time jobs to respond. If no one responded, he would get the message. If you are wanting to help by offering "mentoring" don't you think your time would be better spent mentoring someone who actually asked for advise about his odds of landing a job with those times? He never asked for input about that.

Unsolicited advice/trying to burst his bubble... call it what you want but that's how all those posts seemed to me.

Back