Long RJ routes revisited

The other day I flew an Eagle RJ from KDFW to KLAX.

Whoopsie! Hub to hub violation of APA's contract?

Nope. Just a ferry flight. Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see.

The other day I flew an Eagle RJ from KDFW to KLAX.

Whoopsie! Hub to hub violation of APA's contract?

Nope. Just a ferry flight. Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see.

Thats good to have. I've flown JFK to ATL in a 50 seater a couple times. Plenty of other hub to hubs at DL too on an RJ, like ATL-CVG

Thats good to have. I've flown JFK to ATL in a 50 seater a couple times. Plenty of other hub to hubs at DL too on an RJ, like ATL-CVG

Yep.. here at AMR we don't do that. We let the big kids fly from their base to their base, and we pick up the other stuff. I'm perfectly happy with that.

We do alot of hub station to hub station flying, but not if it's an AA base to another AA base.

Yep.. here at AMR we don't do that. We let the big kids fly from their base to their base, and we pick up the other stuff. I'm perfectly happy with that.

We do alot of hub station to hub station flying, but not if it's an AA base to another AA base.

Apparently USAir doesn't care. When I was flying the jungle bird, I flew many CLT-PHL, PHL-CLT runs. I think that was scheduled to get the RP birds and crews back to the PHL base at night though. We never did CLT-PHL early in the day. It was always and evening run. Since we're not based in CLT, I guess it makes sense to send the crews back up and might as well throw a few pax on there to make a few bucks.

Apparently USAir doesn't care. When I was flying the jungle bird, I flew many CLT-PHL, PHL-CLT runs. I think that was scheduled to get the RP birds and crews back to the PHL base at night though. We never did CLT-PHL early in the day. It was always and evening run. Since we're not based in CLT, I guess it makes sense to send the crews back up and might as well throw a few pax on there to make a few bucks.

Go figure. I wonder how mainline USAir guys feel about that. Then again, they're probably too busy with their pilot group gang war to notice.

No hub to hub at XJT, unless it's a very odd situation and CAL needs the backup (i.e., we did IAH-EWR for recovery ops after a really bad snow storm in EWR).

So I was just look at flightaware bored out of my mind. Found this flight of SKW. CYMX-KSLC.... 4 1/2 hrs. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW1600

Delta (Comair) was running a CRJ 900 on a JFK-AUS flight. It seems to be one of the flights that was cut with the reduction of flying, since I no longer see it listed. It was quite funny to hear the FA stories of passenger asking for meals on a flight that was close to 5 hours! The gate agents even made announcements that food was not provided. A CRJ is a CRJ is a CRJ. It can have 50 seats or 550 seats, it's still a CRJ and not comfortable over 1 1/2 hours. OOOOOOO, First Class!!! OOOOOOO! First Class in a CRJ 900 is like coach in a MD-88. And is it not hilarious to sit in first class on the 900 and have to lean forward or look back to look out a window? Hee Hee! (Built as a 90 seat airframe, the windows are placed as such. It was not meant to have a frist class)

Yeah Ive done AUS to MSP and DTW (2hr +) all the time. Matter of fact, ill be doing IAH to MSP on Tuesday. Definitely not my favorite flight, I prefer the 1 to 1.5hr legs.

As for the base to base, were starting to do that more and more here at XJ, not sure why though. I did DTW to MSP a few weeks ago....

Delta (Comair) was running a CRJ 900 on a JFK-AUS flight. It seems to be one of the flights that was cut with the reduction of flying, since I no longer see it listed. It was quite funny to hear the FA stories of passenger asking for meals on a flight that was close to 5 hours! The gate agents even made announcements that food was not provided. A CRJ is a CRJ is a CRJ. It can have 50 seats or 550 seats, it's still a CRJ and not comfortable over 1 1/2 hours. OOOOOOO, First Class!!! OOOOOOO! First Class in a CRJ 900 is like coach in a MD-88. And is it not hilarious to sit in first class on the 900 and have to lean forward or look back to look out a window? Hee Hee! (Built as a 90 seat airframe, the windows are placed as such. It was not meant to have a frist class)

Yesh, those windows being aligned with the back of the seats is really annoying. Much less the 100/200 windows are down by your torso. Yeah, the JFK-AUS flight got canned. Gave it all to JetBlue. I'm willing to bet it will come back though. But OH also does JFK-DFW and JFK-IAH in the 900.

Yesh, those windows being aligned with the back of the seats is really annoying. Much less the 100/200 windows are down by your torso. Yeah, the JFK-AUS flight got canned. Gave it all to JetBlue. I'm willing to bet it will come back though. But OH also does JFK-DFW and JFK-IAH in the 900.

I'm glad that flight got cut, it was way too long. I've only done it a few times. The fastest we've ever made it from JFK-AUS was 3:06 hrs, and we only had a 5 minute taxi, but on some nights you can get screwed big time. I know someone who blocked close to 9 hrs. on that leg. That flight can be a pain in the arse during winter months, with 120 kts. winds on the nose. Sometimes you have to stop in TYS or somewhere along the line to get more fuel. Glad I don't have to do these long flights anymore. The longest block time I had on the JFK-AUS was 4:36.

After training I flew from Toronto to Houston on Expressjet, it was absolutely miserable. You shouldn't have to be stuck on RJ"s that long.

I believe our longest blocks are MEM-PHX (3:25 last time I did it) and CLT-SAT (3:20 the other day). What a difference wind makes, SAT-CLT was 2:20.

Back