Logging SIM time at UPT

JL_Pilot

Can I log instructional Sim time i've gotten at UPT in my logbook as dual/PIC time to count towards my total hours?

Can't seem to find a reference anywhere.

Thanks!

Can I log instructional Sim time i've gotten at UPT in my logbook as dual/PIC time to count towards my total hours?

Thanks!

I’m not sure if they are certed for that.

Most accurate thing to do is just keep sim time as sim time. Keep aircraft time as aircraft time.

I logged sim time as sim time for my ratings, after that, I don’t bother to log sim time anymore because truthfully, no one cares. Same as not logging dual anymore.

UPT 2.5 is less flight time and more sim/ITD. Might be where the OP is coming from.

Fair enough. I'd also submit that his/her UPT time as a whole (sim or in the aircraft) will likely be fairly insignificant compared to the whole of their career. If the OP is just worried about keeping a neat and tidy logbook going forward I understand, but I also personally wouldn't sweat this particular category. My understanding (and it hasn't been thoroughly researched mind you) is that unless it is a level D/FFS, it doesn't count towards TT in the eyes of the FAA anyway. I think I had like 8 hrs in an FFS leading up to and including my ATP practical, and that wasn't nearly enough to matter or worry about getting crazy eyes from some HR person in an interview. Just some food for thought, but it's a good question.

Thanks!

You can log whatever you want!

For the purpose of the FAA - no. The military will keep track of your military flight time which 'should' include sim time (which is more important for upgrades). Even FTU sims I used were not FAA certified so you could not get a type or sim time if you needed/wanted it.

As far as T6,T1, T38, FTU aircraft you can log that in its applicable category/class as dual given. Don't log your T6 solo as PIC.

Safest just to keep sim as sim. And nothing more.

You’ll build time just fine, even if you attended the latest iteration of fixing whats not broken with UPT.

Back