Logbook pro to Logten

JordanD

Chinese Food Enthusiast
I just switched from a windows laptop to a macbook, so now I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to pay the extra money to switch to logten since lbp doesn't work with mac. Anybody ever make the switch? I know you can export logbook pro to excel and import excel to logten, but does anybody have any experience with this? I'm worried about it getting messed up and causing a huge headace. Is anybody using logten right now? The reviews on the app store are pretty mixed/leaning towards negative but I haven't used it yet.

I just switched from a windows laptop to a macbook, so now I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to pay the extra money to switch to logten since lbp doesn't work with mac. Anybody ever make the switch? I know you can export logbook pro to excel and import excel to logten, but does anybody have any experience with this? I'm worried about it getting messed up and causing a huge headace. Is anybody using logten right now? The reviews on the app store are pretty mixed/leaning towards negative but I haven't used it yet.

Do not give them business until they fix their pricing model. Hell, I'm willing to go back to paper if need be.

Then again, I'm quite the principled sod.

-Fox

Have you considered running windows parallel or something along those lines so you can still run it? I did this for a while and went back to a windows laptop (actually reformatted my MacBook pro to windows only) and it worked well.

Have you considered running windows parallel or something along those lines so you can still run it? I did this for a while and went back to a windows laptop (actually reformatted my MacBook pro to windows only) and it worked well.
Not yet, though admittedly I'm not bright enough to know how :p

Not yet, though admittedly I'm not bright enough to know how :p

There are some programs (I think there's 2 good ones but "windows parallels" is the one I remember the name of) that will do this for you and include easy instructions if you aren't a computer genius. I'm certainly not and I didn't break anything haha.

Although I'm not a 121 pilot, there's nothing so far that I've needed in crunching flight times 1000 different ways for various airline apps that I haven't been able to easily accomplish with an Excel logbook.

I switched to LogTen from LBP a couple years when I started 121. It's made entering times a whole lot easier. However, I have not and will not upgrade to the new version until the pricing model changes.

Before I made the switch, I ran LBP in a Wine bottle on my Macbook. It's a free version Windows emulator. http://winebottler.kronenberg.org

I recommend using an e-loglook over paper. It's easier to generate reports for when you need to fill out an 8710 or apply for another job. And you can print a clean and organized paper logbook.

LogTen Pro is excellent. Ignore the haters. The pricing model is fair.
It's not. I spent a fair amount of money initially on the software. Then not even a year after they change it again to the "new" version and add the subscription model. I get that times are changing but for a long time software companies would provide support for a product long enough.

Although I'm not a 121 pilot, there's nothing so far that I've needed in crunching flight times 1000 different ways for various airline apps that I haven't been able to easily accomplish with an Excel logbook.
I use excel as my electronic backup. So far, the features some of the paid programs have that I don't already know of a way to do in excel are things that aren't important to me anyway. Unless I'm missing something huge, whats wrong with excel minus pretty graphics and a step or two less to get some of the info organized?

I use excel as my electronic backup. So far, the features some of the paid programs have that I don't already know of a way to do in excel are things that aren't important to me anyway. Unless I'm missing something huge, whats wrong with excel minus pretty graphics and a step or two less to get some of the info organized?
As someone who just recently converted a few weeks ago my take is for the convenience, and in the long run, the price is negligible for the benefits.

You underestimate my laziness, my friend.

Anyone used mccPILOTLOG? Been looking at it bc I couldn't find a printable logbook template I liked on logten. Well, one that would incorporate all the "custom fields". Maybe I'm not smart enough to make it print an ASA Master style layout with NVG, turbine helo, etc along with fw time. It was one or the other from what I could see.

Back