Living in NYC

jetsguy737

Hey B6 guys. I'm relocating to NY soon for OJT and I have been having a bit of a hard time finding a place to live, mainly since I didnt get to tour the area before I came to MCO for ground school. I am inquiring to see if anyone here is looking for a roommate or has a crash pad. I'm looking at one beds but dont have a clear idea on what to choose. I do have a realtor contact I've been communicating with. Let me know, thanks so much.

Hey B6 guys. I'm relocating to NY soon for OJT and I have been having a bit of a hard time finding a place to live, mainly since I didnt get to tour the area before I came to MCO for ground school. I am inquiring to see if anyone here is looking for a roommate or has a crash pad. I'm looking at one beds but dont have a clear idea on what to choose. I do have a realtor contact I've been communicating with. Let me know, thanks so much.

Are you still in MCO or on the floor in the group that is training right now?

Main thing is where do you prefer to live? If you look in Queens, Corona, Flushing, Rego Park, you might find something affordable and the transportation options are better to get to LIC. I live in the Bronx, for me a trip to Jetblue is about 45 mins to an hour by train, but there's also quite a few options up that way too. If you look outside of the city in Westchester you might find something decent in New Rochelle, Mount Vernon or Yonkers but be prepared to drive or plan your commute well because you'd have to take the train and the subway over to Queens. NYC is the type of place where you have to look at what you're willing to sacrifice and accept that rent absolutely sucks. But there's bodegas on every corner!

Back