Line up and wait...

Fixtur

Dunning-Kruger Expert
There's a certain tower controller at HPN who never (never) issues a line up and wait. He is also reeediculously slow in giving takeoff clearances, such that on a normal not particularly busy VFR day, one might sit there waiting for 20 minutes or more holding short because jets are landing 5 miles in trail and that's apparently way too close for his comfort to get airplanes out in between.

So the question is: is it possible he has a different LOA from every other controller there and can't issue "line up and wait"? I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but yeesh. When I hear him on tower when I check in I feel like telling the pax never mind we're diverting to TEB.

I know at the current ICOA towered airport I’m at they have specific limitations on their controllers like that. According to their ops it’s part of their certification requirements, the controllers density and traffic limits are very curtailed.

So you’ll have somebody on an approach to one runway, and they won’t let us reposition at a hover from the old runway because in space you technically cross the active centerline even though you have no intention to actually cross it. They’ll even request aircraft on the old runway to set down and hold on the ground before they roll take off traffic from the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back