A)LRBB B)2408251432 C)2411251400EST
E)DUE TO THE REACH OF THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF NOTAM SERIES D PER YEAR,
INFORMATION RELATING TO AIRSPACE RESERVATIONS (RESTRICTIONS),
WITH UPPER LIMIT AT OR BELOW FL285, (EXCLUDING INFORMATION ON
ACTIVATION OF ANTI-HAIL ROCKET FIRING AREAS WHICH ARE PUBLISHED
AS SERIES C AND INFORMATION ON AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND UNMANNED
AIRCRAFT FLIGHTS WHICH ARE PUBLISHED AS SERIES F) WILL BE ISSUED
IN NOTAM SERIES B.

It’s a euphoric experience tbh. Deciphering the RAD docs are a skill set in and of itself.
What would happen if someone got an error and just went eh and loaded the flight up with a bunch of extra fuel for rerouting before sending it without fixing the error? The crew would be in for one hell of a surprise once they got to Eurocontrol airspace and got hit with a huge reroute.

Well in theory - Eurocontrol could say - nope, no valid flt pln on file. Not letting you in.

So they would force the flight to hold until they diverted?
I can only speak to my experience but I’d imagine it’s similar at other shops. If you look at an ATC filing strip it’ll show you the “address” of every center your flight is planned through. In the case of European airspace, a flight plan would need to be listed as “Accepted” and “Approved” in order to be sent out anyway. You wouldn’t release the plane for dispatch without having a fully approved flight plan.

Eurocontrol wouldn't let you in and you would have to divert to your enroute alternate. The NOP is amazing for Europe and the RAD application has gotten really good at finding valid routed as well as routes that can avoid airspace initiatives.

Or they could give you a route that was way out of the way where you might not have the fuel. Deliberate? Maybe.

The moral of the story here being: don't f-ck with EuroControl or they'll F-ck you up themselves.
1724801793481.jpeg

Back