Life in Grand Forks

I remember "somebody" squirting shampoo and pudding and any other goo that "they'd" find left over from dinner from a certain residence hall in wilke complex's 3rd floor window on to the window of the room on the second floor. Then the people living in the room on the second floor got really mad and told their RA. Then the somebodies who where squirting the shampoo ran and hid from the RAs. Shame on these kids for messing with people.

PS, yea the grammar sucks. That's okay cuz I'm juxtapilot.

Winniepeg is only for those underage

=Jason-
I always thought the girls in Winnipeg were 10x better than the moo-cows in GFK. Perhaps it had to do with the way they were dressed. Winnipeg also has clubs with a variety of music and not just hick bars.

more fun to watch it evaporate

Yay for evaporative cooling! Oh if you are going to have fun drinking in North Dakota, don't drive.

North Dakota had the worst drunk driving record in the nation in 2007, Mothers Against Drunk Driving said Tuesday.That’s because almost half of the state’s traffic fatalities involved drunk drivers. Out of the 50 states and the District of Columbia, North Dakota ranked 51

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=94639&section=News

I always thought the girls in Winnipeg were 10x better than the moo-cows in GFK. Perhaps it had to do with the way they were dressed. Winnipeg also has clubs with a variety of music and not just hick bars.

Nah never trust a candian girl, they're nuts. I agree on the home grown ND girls but UND is full of hot girls from the cities and else where. Now not all the bars are hick bars. There's Whiteys on Monday, Bdubs on tuesday, Coocoo nest weds, roc then downtown thursdays, down under fridays, sledsters on sats, and muddys/bdubs on sunday.

=Jason-

Nah never trust a candian girl, they're nuts. I agree on the home grown ND girls but UND is full of hot girls from the cities and else where. Now not all the bars are hick bars. There's Whiteys on Monday, Bdubs on tuesday, Coocoo nest weds, roc then downtown thursdays, down under fridays, sledsters on sats, and muddys/bdubs on sunday.

=Jason-

whiteys = hick bar

cuckoos nest = hick bar

el roco = LOL, hick bar + trailer trash

downunder = trailer trash

sledsters = hick bar

muddy rivers = hick bar

the only one id say is somewhat less hick is buffalo wild wings..and its a restaurant.

whiteys = hick bar

cuckoos nest = hick bar

el roco = LOL, hick bar + trailer trash

downunder = trailer trash

sledsters = hick bar

muddy rivers = hick bar

the only one id say is somewhat less hick is buffalo wild wings..and its a restaurant.
Well then where did you go to when you were in GF? I mean you and you buddies had to have gone somewhere.

Well then where did you go to when you were in GF? I mean you and you buddies had to have gone somewhere.

We had our own clubs (802 comes to mind :D) with our own music and with hand-selected guests. They were underground and not well-known in order to keep out the random sketchy folks.

Then, we got smart. TXAviator helped develop Level 10. They also developed a venue at Suite 49, which had a short life for the typical reasons that prevent such venues with that specific type of music from being successful.

We had our own clubs (802 comes to mind :D) with our own music and with hand-selected guests. They were underground and not well-known in order to keep out the random sketchy folks.

Then, we got smart. TXAviator helped develop Level 10. They also developed a venue at Suite 49, which had a short life for the typical reasons that prevent such venues with that specific type of music from being successful.

Club 802 was definitely a good break from all the madness in Grand Forks when that was up and running.

I have been to Level 10. Pretty cool place, if your into "The Hills". The only time I was there they had the reserved place roped off and there was one loser drunk back there who thought he was so sweet with his big bottle of vodka. Also some foreign guys there bought every table at the place a tray of chocolate covered strawberries. They were tasty. However they never were able to get that puke smell out of the bathroom from the old Edge.

I have been to Level 10. Pretty cool place, if your into "The Hills". The only time I was there they had the reserved place roped off and there was one loser drunk back there who thought he was so sweet with his big bottle of vodka. Also some foreign guys there bought every table at the place a tray of chocolate covered strawberries. They were tasty. However they never were able to get that puke smell out of the bathroom from the old Edge.

I'm not sure what the "hills" comment is about... if you mean, people who dress better than typical GF average and enjoy going out as an occasion in a nice atmosphere, then sure. Not sure how theres a connection with the Edge bathroom, since the entire building was torn down to the frame in the walls and re-plumbed, re-wired, and re-built.

But yeah. Club 802 was the BOMB, Suite49 had a brief heyday, Level10 was about as good as it gets in GF, and O'Really's was a great place to chill out and enjoy good beers and play games (darts, pool, cards, etc) without all the hicks bothering you.

The "chill out" party at club 802 was the best thing EVER.

I was thinking about the chill-out party the other day, ironically it was the last one.

Martini Blue at Suite 49 was fun stuff, but as mentioned short-lived.

Level 10... It's probably the best venue in town, but with the way drunks act in Grand Forks, it's just an upscale Gilly's. Therefore I'm not gonna give it as much props. A 'lounge' that's struggling, very annoying situation IMO.

Nevertheless, when it came to establishments, Level 10, Toasted Frog, and Sander's can be considered as some sort of escape from Grand Forks.

Nothing beats underground parties, and perhaps one of the best Grand Forks has seen was Updogg.

The rest is fleeting to Winnipeg or Minneapolis.

I didn't discover Winnipeg's scene until 2006 and it's SICK. Amazing how much diversity there is just 2 hours up North. I give Winnipeg all the props, a #####ty cold topography no different than Grand Forks but flourishes with things to do.

And yes their girls are crazy ;)

The "chill out" party at club 802 was the best thing EVER.

The "chill out" party was the absolute BEST ever, even being a chill party with chill music the damn thing got broken up... all because some North Dakotan decided to call the cops because he wasn't invited and wasn't let in.

Back