Licnse Conversion FAA to Canadian

Red-Baron

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anybody here who can tell me if it's a big deal to convert a FAA (CPL and CFI) to a Canadian CPL & CFI. What needs to be done and where do I find information. Any advice appreciated! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Greets, The Baron :)

CPL is VERY easy- its a 20 question test on Canadian air law, and you must have a valid Canadian medical (many AMEs near bordering states can issue Canadian medicals as well).

The CFI bit is a bit more complicated, I believe you still have to go through their instructor process, though some credit may be given for being a CFI under the FAA.

On a side note, what I find most interesting, is that you actually do not need any instructor ratings in Canada to give Multi Engine instruction- only a CPL and 500 hours of flight time.

Hi Patrick,

interesting and thanks for the info, I appreciate! Any additional info, advice and comments are appreciated!

Happy landings :)

No problem. Drop me a PM if you need any specific info and I can dig up the facts I have here somewhere (which I obtained from a Canadian pilot who did his training within the US and then converted his ratings).

Back